Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Production Order previous status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I know that we can use FM STATUS_TEXT_EDIT to get the current status of a Production Order. I'm wondering if we could also get the previous status of a Production Order? If we can, what is the steps or FM to use?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually statuses are fetched from JEST table.

But using the same OBJNR whcih we pass to the FM 'STATUS_TEXT_EDIT',

we can access the table JCDS, to get the previous statuses.

Just write SELECT OBJNR STAT UDATE UTIME

from JCDS

where OBJNR = OBJNR.

UDATE is the creation date of the change document, i.e the previous staus.

If you get more than one statuses for one OBJNR, You can sort the results by UDATE descending UTIME descending.

Then you will get the immediately previous status for this.

Hope this should resolve the issue.

Thanks & regards,

Y Gautham

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Usually statuses are fetched from JEST table.

But using the same OBJNR whcih we pass to the FM 'STATUS_TEXT_EDIT',

we can access the table JCDS, to get the previous statuses.

Just write SELECT OBJNR STAT UDATE UTIME

from JCDS

where OBJNR = OBJNR.

UDATE is the creation date of the change document, i.e the previous staus.

If you get more than one statuses for one OBJNR, You can sort the results by UDATE descending UTIME descending.

Then you will get the immediately previous status for this.

Hope this should resolve the issue.

Thanks & regards,

Y Gautham

0 Kudos

Hi Gautham,

Thanks for your quite reply. But I'm still a bit confuse with the data extracted.

There is a field INACT in the table JCDS, which indicates that the status whether isit active or inactive right?

By sorting the date and time descending, I can see the lastest and previous status clearly.

But the problem is that when I go to CO03, the status showed and the status in JCDS is different, and I'm trying to figure out how to link the data together.

For example, the active status in JCDS is 8, but in CO03 the status shows is only 4.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried checking for some examples in my system. But unfortuantely I do not have any data for Production orders

in my system.

But I have observed for some other orders. If we have different statuses in the JCDS under active status, I think it is justified,

as in the case of Equipment which is in INST status, if we set a deletion flag on this equipment, then the table will have the

status of both INST and DLFL, i.e. Installed and Deletion flag set as well.

So we have to consider onky those records with the INACT = space. And still if we have doubts we can cross check with the

program that the other user has mentioned 'RBSVCDOC'.

it is actually returning all the other statusses avaialble for this OBJNR, but also highlights the presently active status.

So I hope with this we can identify the present and the Previous status.

I tried executing this program 'RBSVCDOC' on the same OBJNR by changing its statuses, and the result also changed accordingly, by highlighting the status that was presently set.

Hope this should help.

Thanks & regards,

Y Gautham

paul_quinn
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

The program RBSVCDOC could also be useful

kind regards

Paul Q