cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 SP05 server is going down all of a sudden : Any Inputs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SAP MDM 7.1 SP05 and my repository is going down all of a sudden and when I get in to Log I see the following message :

The specified value for the Server Listening Port (0) is outside the range of available listening ports for system use. Please use only values between 49152 and 65535.

I went through the SAP Note and we upgraded all the components as per the guidlines... Does any one been through this issue, please share how to get rid of it.

Thanks

Rajeev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ur MDS is running on a port - that is being used by some other system processes.

change the port - and make sure its in the range 50000 - 60000

thanks

-Adrivit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Adrivit,

Thanks for your input.

I see same port is being used by MDSS, MDIS and Java ... I think we need to assign seperate port number for each of these services right? Plese confirm.

Regads,

Rajeev

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

yes your understanding is correct. MDS, MDIS and MDSS should run on the separate port.

follow the process mentioned in below notes to update the port:

Note 1499138 - MDM servers listening ports.

Note 1414670 - MDM 7.1: Adjusting MDS port in MDIS and MDSS ini files

Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

we have MDM server port, MDS Port, MDSS Port, MDIS port..

all these ports are differnet... as we are integrated with other applicaitons.. other applicaitons are accessing MDM using MDM server port....

Apart from this wondering need to dig down .... we are not sure where the issue is... why MDM server getting restarted...

Your inputs are appreciated.

Regards,

Rajeev.

Answers (0)