cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supplier Self Service functionality without having to implement SAP SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts can you please help.

I am looking for a solution where we can provide supplier self service functionality to small suppliers without having to implement SAP SRM, by only using the current SAP ERP 6 EHP4 and SAP NW Portal systems whilst delivering functionality like: supplier creation and administration of invoices, shipping notifications, confirmations and credit notes that integrate back to SAP ERP 6 linking to purchase order goods receipts, invoices documents, purchase order and remittance advice documents.

I know of the SAP Business Package for Suppliers Portal role that can provide this functionality but I am not sure where the SAP SUS functionality lies, in SAP ERP or SAP SRM. Then there is the Business Package for Supplier Collaboration 4.0 that delivers similar functionality but only integrates to SAP ERPu2019s MM and FI modules and Iu2019m not sure of this will meet my needs.

Ideally I would like to implement the BP for Suppliers on a NW Portal and connect it to the SAP ERP 6 EHP4 backend but I am not sure on the architecture of the different dependencies, specially the SAP SUS component referred to in the help documentation, can you please provide some clarity for me.

Thanks you,

Willem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willem,

You can indeed provide supplier self service functionality to small suppliers without having to implement SAP SRM, by only using the current SAP ERP 6 EHP4 and SAP NW Portal systems along with an SUS system (which is nothing but ur supplier self service system implemented on an SRM client).

SUS functionality lies in SRM system. You can configure your SRM system to only function as an SUS system.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that I could deploy the SAP Supplier Role on the NW Portal and connect it to the ERP 6 EHP4 systems without having to buy a SRM system license, but from the look of things this wonu2019t work as I still will need the SUS functionality that lies in SRM, is this correct?

Thanks again

Willem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Willem,

Portal is only a user interface. You need to have a client in your backend where all your transactions will be recorded.

So unfortunately you will have to buy a SRM system license.

Regards

Answers (0)