cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems during the BPC for Office installation client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We're having problems during the BPC for Office installation with one user. He has a laptop with Windows 7 and IE8, we're using BPC 7.0 MS SP2 and SQL 2005.

When he runs the BPC Client diagnostic he gets this message: "BPC for Office and BPC Administration client is not installed. You do not have authority to run the client diagnostic.". After this he tried the Office installation and this appeared to work, however he does not have excel, word etc tabs listed at the launch page. He has local admin rights on his computer.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Meritxell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Windows 7 is supported only from SP8 of BPC MS7.

Please upgrade the service pack to continue working on Windows 7 and IE8.

Hope this helps.

Karthik AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Im working with computers Windows 7, IE 8 and some of them IE 9. Using Bpc 75 sp04.

Do i have to upgrade the system in order to solve this type of issues during the clients install, etc?

Thanx

Velázquez

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Velázquez,

Please ensure that the client system meets the minimum requirements in the Installation/Admin guide for your Service Pack.

Mainly the version of IE, .Net Framework, Excel.

Also ensure the required settings are enabled in IE.

Just be aware that IE9 is not supported. So you will have to downgrade your IE9 to IE8 in the machines.

Hope this helps.

Karthik AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't believe 7.0 SP2 is supported with Windows 7, 7.0 SP8 and higher support it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We believe the same.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both problems come from IE setting I think, since they are all add-in program.

The diagnostic and icons in Launch page are all add-in such as ActiveX, check his/her IE setting for add-in.

Regards,

YH Seo