cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can authenticate but not log onto an SAP Portal (7.01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have performed a system copy of PortalA to PortalB and I was able to log onto and configure PortalB okay.

When I exported the certificate from PortalB to create a trusted connection (using STRUSTSSO2) on other systems, the PortalB certificate displayed the SID of PortalA.

So I went into the Visual Administrator of PortalB, deleted the 'SAPLogonKeypair' and ''SAPLogonKeypair-cert' entries and then created new entried with the same names, but with PortalB properties. Then I restarted the system.

Since then, I am not able to log onto the Portal. I can see the logon screen and enter my credentials (both domain level and local USM i.e. user 'Administrator'. If I enter the incorrect password the screen just refreshes. If I enter an incorrect password, I get a message telling me that the password is incorrrect.

I have followed OSS note 691205 (Create new key pair for ticket signing), but this did not help.

Please can you tell me how to resolve this issue so I can log on.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try deleting TicketKeystore and restart the engine. This will generate new TicketKeystorage with appropriate permisstions.

Then exchange certificates between systems.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks both. I deleted the TicketKeyStore and restarted the J2EE. The TicketKeyStore was then re-generated.

However I was still not able to log onto the SAP Portal (or /useradmin, etc.). When I tried, the user logon page just refreshed.

So I asked our server ops team to restore the server to a point where it was working, but the restore was not successful. So I have chosen to un-install SAP and re-do the system copy.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Has the ticket been created correctly? You need to create SAPLogonticketKeypair with DSA algorithm abd check the box "store certificate". Also ensure you give company name as SAP.

If error still persists, check default trace log .

Rgds,

Soujanya