Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source multi file mapping to one target

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have File to JDBC scenario.

Source would send 3 different text files ( Need FCC). I need to combine these three files to map to a single target structure.

SAP program will generate all 3 files at same time and loads on the server.

Let me know how to proceed.

Thanks in advance

Edited by: AbapLearner on Jun 1, 2011 10:11 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to BPM to execute this scenario. You have to collect the 3 files from the source directory and map them to require target interface using correlation step in BPM.

This blog would be helpful to you.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/10377] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards

Ramesh

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the mail.

We are using PI 7.1 Is ther any possibilty to avoid BPM and use multi mapping. Kindly let me know if there are any way

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that's no way avoid BPM...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you cannot avoid BPM, because here in your case, 3 files needs to picked up, until and unless all the files is read you cannot map, hence you have to wait or you have read them sequence collect them and then map to the target.

Regards

Ramesh

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

All the 3 files are generated at same time max of some millisec difference.

Also these filese are generated at 8 pm and PI needs to pick these files at 9 pm. So there is a time gap of 1hr. Any thoughts to avoid BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand your concern on using BPM.

There are 2 possibilities from your question.

1. If you want to club/merge all the three input files and then send it to DB you have to make sure all the files are collected and then transformed according to the target interface. In this case BPM is compulsory.

2. If you dont want to club/merge the the three inputs files and then send it to DB then no need of BPM.

The above inputs i have provided is based on my knowledge.

Regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Ramesh P

For 2°Option are you talk about LookUp in message mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What i meant in 2nd option was, if you are not merging which means you can one by one the messages to the DB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, but DB table is one or multiple? Primary Table keys?

Imho i don't like so much this option, specially if db table is one.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Questions before proceeding the design.

1) Are you supposed to merge all the three input files and map it to one table in the jdbc side?

If so, you need to use CCBPM. See collect pattern with correlation.

2) If your input source files fields are independent of each other and can be mapped to 3 different tables in JDBC side then you can go without CCBPM. In this case you might have to create 3 different scenarios to achieve this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I said above, i completely agree with Baskar.