cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication of document numbers for Credit Memo, Inventory Transfer, etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks!

Good Day!

We have noticed that there are credit memo numbers, inventory transfer numbers etc. that were duplicated in two different transaction in two different dates. Can you give a theory or possible reasons why this one happened? Let's refer to the credit memo first. I have searched these two credit memo in the database and I only found 1 of them... I used their names, details, codes and other info to locate the other CM but I failed.

SCENARIO:

A/R CREDIT MEMO NUMBER follows a pattern of (COMPANY NAME)-(CREDIT MEMO NUMBER)-(BRANCH)

I have created a credit memo last April 12, 2011 with the document number (ABCD-20050002-MNL) generated by the system.

with one item (BLUE TILE) and addressed to John Scott.

We found out that another credit memo dated April 29, 2011 having the same document number (ABCD-20050002-MNL) making it a duplicate of the first one. This second transaction has one item also (BLACK PAINT) and was addressed to Olivia Dunham.

We found this when they are already printed or in hard copies. I just want to ask for your opinions, theory or suggestion with regard to this situation. Is there a possibility where it was duplicated while in the printing process?

Looking forward to hear from you....

Thanks!

😃

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Duplication of document numbers is allowed in the system if they have different period indicator. Only the key column DocEntry is unique. You should avoid using the same number range for different period indicator.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon!

Thanks... But I didn't assign any period indicator for the documents..

Still collecting info for further info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Period indicator is mandatory for all documents no matter you are aware of it or not. Check it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Have you cross check the Number in Printout with the number in system...

If so you check the 'Document number' field properties and check whether it was mapped to correct table and field....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kambadasan,

Thanks.

I already checked the relationship and linking of number from the document to the layout printing and everything seems to be ok.

It follows and copy's the exact numbers.

Thanks again