cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debug loop seconds in process chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

we have an issue. our DTP process has failed in our process chain and the reason was that the transformations were inactive. So we have activated the transformations and have executed the DTP manually. Now when i go to log view of my process chain and enter REPAIR on our DTP Process it is asking for DEBUG LOOP ____ Seconds.

what does debug loop mean...

IS it the right way to restart our process chain by enterIng REPAIR DTP after the manula dtp load we have done by activation transformations

Can anyone suggest me what should the debug loop --- value I SHOULD GIVE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

You can given the value as Zero or 1 as it's nothing but the wait time to start the process.

I am not sure why it's asking in our case.

Just execute it and let me know the feedback.

Regards,

Ugendhar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You already complted the DTP load manually.So don't go for repair.You need to force complete the DTP step.

Please follow the below process..

Please take the variant and parameter for the failed DTP step in the PC

1.Go to table RSPCPROCESSLOG in SE16 and enter the above details.

2.Go to SE38 and execute the programm RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH with the required parameter from the above table.

Now you can see the PC continuing from the next step..

Regards

Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

As mentioned Debug Loop is use to debug a Process Chain....You have to Enter a wait time greater than 0 seconds. And then, activate the Process Chain....

Then Go to the menu option: Execution -> Execute Synchronous to Debugging........The debug screen will now pop-up.....

But in your case, I don't think it is required....Since you have alreday executed the DTP manually....

Now you just need to continue the rest of the chain....

To do this.....open the chain in the Design View ............In the top where we write the TCODE, there wrire "COPY"..........Enter.....

It will copy the original process Chain..........Give a technical name of the copied chain............

Remove all the Processes till that DTP........Including the Start process......

Create a new Start Process......connect it to the next step.......activate the chain and execute it..........then rest of the chains will get executed fine.......

I don't think that you will face the same issue in the next run of the Process Chain........

You can also use the FM : RSPC_PROCESS_FINISH......to continue the chain instead of copying...

For this you can check the Bog :

Do as you wish....

Regards,

Debjani......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Debug loop can be used to debug a process chain.(you have to specify here the gap between one event been triggered and the next subsequent process starting) to capture process in debugger go to SM37(job overview) or to SM50(process overview)

Thanks and Regards,

MuraliManohar.