cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can BPMon monitor jobs stuck in 'Released' mode?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Experts,

I would like to monitor certain jobs stuck with the status of 'Released' as seen in SM37. Can BPMon do that kind of monitoring? Please advise, thanks.

Regards,

Kim Yong

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

If by "stuck" you mean jobs which have reached their start time, but fail to start because there are no free BGD work processes, you can monitor this using the "start delay" metric in the job monitoring capabilities of BPMon. This is very similar to the old style CCMS job delay monitoring. It will capture the "delay" value that you see next to the job in SM37, and you can set a threshold for the maximum delay you are willing to tolerate before raising an alert.

Good luck!

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your suggestion. I will configure the Start Delay value for the job and see if it works.

Regards,

Kim Yong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using the Start Delay option doesn't seem to work as expected. The job that I am configuring doesn't have a predefined Start Time as it is triggered whenever users create the Characteristic Value Combinations. In this case, what type of Background Job Monitoring options that can be used? Thanks.

Regards,

Kim Yong

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That is interesting...I am pretty sure the old CCMS monitor would start counting Delay even on event-driven jobs, but maybe BPMon works differently. You might have to monitor the job delay using regular CCMS job monitoring, and then pull that CCMS monitor into BPMon using monitor type "CCMS Monitor". It is a little clunky but it should work.

0 Kudos

Hello,

the Start Delay in BPMon should wok anyway it just depends on the start procedure you use.

In your case without a pre-defined start time you should chose start procedure "use job start condition" then every job is picked up if the name fits the critieria. On with this start procedure the start delay corresponds to the information in SM37.

If you use the start procedure "by time" instead then you have to enter a planned start time and then BPMon measures the deviation from this start time, so here we are talking about a real start delay from a business perspective. In the former case we "only" talk about a technical delay that you see in SM37.

For the purpose described below you should go with the first option I described.

Best Regards

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I will modify my BPMon config again and see if it works. By the way, I am actually monitoring the PLOB_DELTA_SYNC job which will be triggered whenever someone creates a CVC.

Regards,

Kim Yong