Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV list in background wraps to the next line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have an ALV output sheduled in the background and the output is sent to the pool. Now in the spool, I see that the the end column is wrapped to the next line . I searched in the forumns for a solution and tried out many things. I am already using a new format (Z_65_1023) .. Also , I noticed that this issue happens only when the no. of rows also is large.. ie, when we restrict the selection to small range , it shows the output without wrapping for the same width.

The total list width in my case exceeds 1023 ( 1617 to be precise ) . Kindly advise

Regards,

Ratheesh

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guru,

try with this function module 'RKD_WORD_WRAP'.

regards.

anji.

0 Kudos

Hi Anji,

Thanks for your reply. But I dont need to wrap the text.. What I need is unwrap it and show the entire row in one single line.

Regards,

Ratheesh

0 Kudos

Try increasing your spool width.

Check this link...

ravi_lanjewar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This problem due to output type.

Asked your basis person to create Generic Output type. When you run the program in background assign that generic output type.

Kind Rgds

Ravi Lanjewar

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Could you pls let me know what exactly do you mean by generic output type? Did you mean a 'Device Type' or an 'Output Device' ? When you say , generic , what is meant by that ? Wherever I read I saw the maximum list width is 1023 characters .. And once it crosees, the rest of the part is 'wrapped' , not truncated. Hence I think this is a generic handling by SAP .

regards,

Ratheesh

0 Kudos

Even though you are using new format with no of columns as 1023,Some times it may not work.

Try SPAD -Go to settings-Spool system.

Go to tab - Other

Check the first check box"SP01:Number of columns for List Displayfrom Format" in the Output Controller block, SAVE and exit.

Run ALV report with new format and check spool.

Thx

0 Kudos

Hi Boby ,

Thnaks for your help.

Even this did not work for me.. understandably so since the format itself supports only max. 1023 characters.. Not beyond that ..

Regards,

Ratheesh

0 Kudos

Plz go ahead and create a new format(more than 1023) .Check with your basis team.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Step are follows.

1) Run TCODE SPAD

2) Click on output device devices button

3) Create Button on application bar

a) Give output device name

b) select generic device type

c) device class as logical output device

You can also find SAP Note for same.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you read [Note 1179399 - ALV print: Q&A ALV print format and background job|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1179399]

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks. But I couldnt get the solution to my problem from this note too.

regards,

ratheesh