cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where the process start in implementin APO - DP project?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone explain me in detail how and where the project start?

According to my knowledge, Decisions will be as follows:

1. Forecast model i.e., whether causal or univariate.

2. Life Cycle Planning (Phase In/Out)

3. Promotion Planning

4. Storage bucket profile (Total Horizon)

5. Time bucket profiles

6. Characteristics

7. Key figures

6. Master Planning Object Structure

7. Planning Area

8. Planning Book

9. Data view and finally

10. Authorizations

Please do rectify me if there is any mistake.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Suvecha

Edited by: SSuvecha on Jun 1, 2011 9:50 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suvecha,

The steps which you have given are almost OK.There may be few modifications depending on the client business process. The project starts based on the discussions with the sales and planning departments.

If the planning and production is based on the customer requirements, then the APO demand planning is based on the quotations and sales orders. If it is forecast based planning, then the past history of sales orders are considered to calculate the future demand from forecast planning.

Thanks and regards

Murugesan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As rightly mentioned by Dogboy, one need to analyse the business requirements and the solutions being proposed to them.

Most of the DP solutions can be offered using ECC flexible planning.

Any how, if the decision is made, then as mentioned by you...those are the activities need to be set up/configure in DP.

Also, you need to seek help of BI consultant, for developing Infoprovide/cube set up for uploading data to BI infocubes, this is very important and transferrring data to APO Planning areas.

And, you may choose options of using Macros for doing some simple to complex calculations depending on requirements, and to develop process chains for automating few routine activities.

regards,

sandeep kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suvecha,

Those are good steps, but not part of project start. You don't even consider such issues until after you have found out the business requirements. What are they willing and able to supply for data, what do they expect the outputs to be, how will it integrate with other existing and proposed solutions, how much time and money are they willing to spend to build, test, and implement the solution(s) you propose to create for them.

Best Regards,

DB49