Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding specific products in confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Simple requirement.

A Delivery Plant X has materials in stock made originially at plant X, Y, Z, A, B

A particular customer places an order saying he does NOT want a product delivered that is made at Plant Z, come what may.

Batch determination is active and may determine batches of stocks made at location Z based on SLED config.

Classes and characteristics are available in ECC and CIFd to APO as well. One the the characteristric in the class 023 (used) is "Source" which has the value of the plant.

Make assumptions for simplicity e.g. there is enough stock of stuff made at X, Y, A and B.

How can I realize this within sales, delivery and warehouse processes

Regards,

Loknath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath

You can do this within GATP by using an exclusive rule. For example if you are setup this way -

Rule Strategy 1-

Inclusive Rule 1 (Location X, Y, Z, A, B) [Rule is called for all customers]

Exclusive Rule 1 (Location Z) [ Rule is called only for specific customer]

The question I have is that does that customer not want ANY product from Plant Z..or only SPECIFIC products from plant Z ? The above example handles the first case..The second case is much more complicated.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pavan and Rishi,

Rishi :

The question I have is that does that customer not want ANY product from Plant Z..or only SPECIFIC products from plant Z

Yes it is safe to assume the former. Customer does not want any producty from plant Z. To give a business context these are plants that are not approved by some FDA agencies or religious audts like halal certification. May be some external Govt. buying agencies have audited only some plants where they expect supplies from but due to logistical issues the delivering plants (and the ATP check) plant is something else.

The idea of exclusive rule will exclude the location altogther. The problem is Z is not a delivery plant qualified by a rule search-either with location determination or location-product substitution. Z is just a characteristic of the product that is delivered from X. This is available and maintained with class type 023. Then there is ATP with characteristics values that I havent explored.

Pavan: The idea seems appealing. But the allocation procedure is maintained for product P location X. The procedure and the prodcedure sequence (if maintained) will have to pass the CVC- PZ. How can be check instruction - which is driving check results for Product P and location X do an allocation check for product P and location Z.

I think this is an issue of batch search strategy. The problem I now realize is, we dont want to do batch determination and hence ATP check on batch stocks at sales order. So what is happening is the order is getting confirmed based on all stock available and the batch determinaion logic at picking (through some development) is excluding the products made at location Z. Someone is maintaining such in a table that has records for exclusion of named batches, quantity and customer. Wave pick is respecting this.

The right question now is how can I "tweak" the cumulative ATP quantity based on this table so that confirmation is still "realistic", given such a table of excluded batches exists and is maintained diligently.

May be this calls for some development

Regards,

Loknath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pavan_verma2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

one of the way is :

You can have a different strategy for material and Plant Z combination, this strategy group will have a different requirement class and thus different check instructions in APO.

You can enable product allocations in this check instructions, then do not give any allocation for that material or ATP check against forecast then do not give any forecast at that material plant combination.

Thanks

Pavan Verma