cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post dated checks in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum,

What is the standard procedure in SAP to deal with Post dated checks in SAP. What necessary configuration is required? Out of hundred PDCs received from customer daily 20 gets bounced. How this can be catered in SAP . Please guide.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear :

To cater PDCs ,SAP provides standard procedures.

First PDC request is booked with invoice reference in F-37 with special GL indicator F with due date given for realization of check.( this will be shown in FBL5N as noted item having no financial impact, depending upon the configuration for Special GL indicator indicator in OBXR you configure it as noted item and give your target special GL as Y if you are configuring F as noted item special GL indicator).

If check is realized the PDC request is posted F-29.

Next customer is cleared in F-32 .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your answer provided me great insight in to understanding and your prompt replies are always helpful for me.. My question is what about checks bounced and dishonored... How will they be catered in this scenario.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions please.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggestions are awaited.

Br

ZHK

Former Member
0 Kudos

ZK,

In this case you have to reverse the payment applied, which will open up those items which were paid with those checks.

BR,

Munair

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am talking about reversal of dishonored items.

Br

zHK

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

You can reverse the checks that were dishonored earlier using FB08. The ideal way here is to keep PDC as noted item unless check is not realized and if it is not realized then reverse the PDC which was standing as an open item in system. Hence financial will also remain unaffected upon reversal.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zoaib,

The basic configurations required would be creation of special gl indicator and new payment method.

Also you can check the status of the same in the below menu

Accounting > Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable > Information System > Account > Bill of Exchange List

or the bounced cheques you can either post another entry to debit a/r open item and credit the bounced cheque or you can reverse all the documents.

For details please refer to the below link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/7e/824f391a780275e10000000a114084/content.htm