cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sufficient stock coverage - map and standard price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I a bit confused of the term sufficient stock coverage.

Say there is additional cost.

1) for material based on standard, whether sufficient or not, also will post to price difference. so this is not applicable to standard. correct?

2) for material based on map, if sufficient stock coverage, will be inventorised and moved the price. if not fully sufficient stock coverage, partly covered, will move the price, then the balance will go to price difference? correct?

3) suffiicient stock coverage will base on what criteria? i can only think of same batch number, same plant, what else?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have placed an order for 100 EA at price 2.00 so you total Stock Value after GR is 200. Let say you have issued 50 EA to production department so the remaining stock value would be 50*2 = 100. Now if you receive invoice for 100 EA at USD 3 per EA then the difference in price would be applicable to available stock which is 50 and remaining would go to price different account so your MAP will be calculated based on 50 EA only and moving average price would be 2.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can reply by point form?

Also is it applicable to standard price?

Thanks alot

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to details mentioned by pankaj as below.

1) for material based on standard, whether sufficient or not, also will post to price difference. so this is not applicable to standard. correct? - Yes for this always to price difference.

2) for material based on map, if sufficient stock coverage, will be inventorised and moved the price. if not fully sufficient stock coverage, partly covered, will move the price, then the balance will go to price difference? correct? - Yes this is correct.

3) suffiicient stock coverage will base on what criteria? i can only think of same batch number, same plant, what else? - Available stock. You are correct