cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Data Modelling

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

Most of the documentation emphasizes on consolidation and harmonization of Data.. but by modelling data you need to describe tables and relationships.... maybe an infoobject is the combination of several tables in the case this has associated other attributes....

model diagrams as part of a data model ..I mean where you can see graphically the tables and its relationships...

View construction...it is possible that you keep your master data normalized but you want to join them to create a view of the information before sharing the information to other systems..

Has MDM options to do that?

I am going to appreciate any help

Regards

FedeX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Fedex,

Good question..It seems from your past few posts that you have really taken up MDM.. thats great to see buddy..

Lets me try to answers your question one by one..

<b>Modelling Data:</b> You can model the data using MDM Console where you can create a repository and then create tables and fields with respective properties.

<b>Model Diagrams:</b> This functionality aint available yet in MDM..So to get the graphical reperesentation say like an ER diagram , you would probably have to use other softwares and work with them independently..

<b>View Construction: </b> Again, this functionality is not available in MDM. So, when you are accessing the data from MDM, you would have to write the logic of inner joins to get the required view.

Hope that helps..

Regards,

Tanveer.

<b>Please mark helpful answers</b>

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

FedeX,

There is no way to view the MDM Data Model "Graphically" as of now. However, you can export your repository schema as XSD file for further analysis (this functionality is built-in from SP4 onwards).

I am not really sure of what you mean by "View construction". However, you can use Syndicator, to create an output file of your desired structure and map the fields accordings. This Destination fields (Output file structure) can be mapped from different tables of the repository as long as all these tables are linked to each other or to Main table.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

You can model data tables and relationships using MDM Console, which documentation is available on market place. When exporting data into other systems, such as BW, you can create views/export maps that relate to the mdm tables, or you can try to create joins and export all info together.

However, please note that for data transformations or format you must use XI, since all bussines logic must be centralized on it.

Greetings

Alejandro