cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius Template creation on BI ondemand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to create xcelsius dashboard template using one of my .xlf file created using the desktop xclecius. The .xlf file has static excel data and does not have any connections. I followed the following tutorial to create a template https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BOBJ/Adding%20a%20Template.

Since its static data, I do not have any web service connections. How do I go about from Step 5 of the tutorial.

I also tried creating a template using one of my datasets uploaded on BI ondemand. I am able to create the web service connection as I can see the header row in the sample data but I cannot see the data rows from the dataset. Not sure where I am going wrong. Further guidance would be of great help.

Thanks.

Rohini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

steve_norton
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

This might be a better document on how to set up the connections. This is our official documentation page and should be kept up to date:

https://resources.ondemand.com/biod/help/templates_create_connection.html#task_AD3C292034044C2BAE483...

If you only have static data, there is really no point in having a template. The idea behind the template is that you can have a single template work against multiple datasets with similar schemas. If you have no datasets then you don't really need any templates.

For the problem of no data, my guess would be that you have not mapped the "row" output of the connection to any cells in your worksheets. Or maybe the mapping of the ui widgets to the worksheet cells is incorrect.

Cheers

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I did follow the official documentation while creating the template. Following are the steps I have done to create the template. Let me know if I have gone wrong in some step.

1. I created an excel sheet with my login details to map for the connection and imported into xcelsius online.

2. I copied the WSDL URL of one of my datasets and imported it in one of the connections tab.

3. I mapped the fields for the header and data rows. I mapped the login details as well.

4. I mapped the web service URL option to a cell in my connection sheet.

5. In the flash var tab, I mapped the same cell as web service url for the get_data_url option. For the data range, I mapped the cells to which data rows are mapped.

6. I used a spreadsheet component and mapped to the header and data rows. Once the template is saved I can see only the header rows.

Please let me know if I have missed any step.

Thanks,

Rohini

Answers (0)