cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling the default search when searching for master Agreements

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I am relatively new to SAP e sourcing ,we are working on 5.1 system.

We have a query , Contract management->Agreements->Search master agreements and Sub agreements.

This query takes a lot of time for execution.

When user selects this option , it runs this query and then displays a screen with all the filters and search results at the bottom.

I want to ensure that this query is not run by default, so that when user selects this option , the page only displays the selection criteria , users can specify the filter values and hit on search.

Can anyone please help me on how can we disable the default execution of query everytime "Search master agreements and Sub agreements " is selected from the dropdown.

is there any option within the query itself or do we need any script for doing this.

Regards

Vikas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikas,

This should be the general approach.

1) Write a new query that has the functionality you desire. In your case you can duplicate the existing query and make one of the filters mandatory. This will ensure that the query does not get executed by default. Save this new query in the system.

2) Identify the corresponding query group. In your case it is FCI-ContractBuyList.

3) In this query group, find the entry for 'Search Master Agreements and Agreements' query and check 'Remove Query from Selection List'.

4)Add your new query in this query group and check the 'Include in SRM Navigation' checkbox. Click Save.

Let us know if this works.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Devesh.

But I dont wish to Mandate any filter , if need be users will runthe query with no filters , I just wish to stop the default execution.

Is there any other way of doing this.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikas,

As per my knowledge there is no configuration available that can help you achieve what you desire. I woulld appreciate inputs by other members.

One observation : I am using 5.1 and in my system the Contract Management -> Agreements -> Search Master Agreements and Agreements opens up a query that does not execute by default. It has two mandatory fields. Probably you have already replaced the default query with another one.

Thanks

Devesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right Devesh.

We have a custom query in the system and it has around 6 mandatory fields but all of them have default values.

I believe either I need to clear out the default value for one of them or add a new mandatory field .

is that the right approach.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

I removed the Default value for one of the mandatory fields and it worked.

Thanks

Answers (0)