cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating 'historical' stock balances with 2LIS_03_BF *ONLY*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have gone through a few posts, where it has been suggested that, we can use 2lis_03_bf alone to calculate the Beginning / Ending balances for each month: Current, In the Past and Future. And we do not need 2lis_03_bx if we have all the material movements loaded into BW from ECC (from the time ECC went live).

In my case, I ran the setup tables for 2lis_03_bf wide open in ECC to get everything since it went LIVE, so I am assuming that I have all the 'movements' captured. My question is:

1. If I have loaded BW today (05/31/2011), how can I calculate the Beginning / Ending balance for a period, say: March 2010 or Nov 2009?

2. Do I have perform the calculations in the backend (ABAP routines) or can I do it in the query itself??

3. The requirement is to display Opening Balance, Issues - Receipts, Closing Balance for any period (history, current and going forward) in a report. Any suggestions on how to do this?

Regards,

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dielom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

1) You need to use a non cumulative cube. Then, add the 01/03 as your date and you will get the balance for the stock on that date.

2) No, the non cumulative cube will take care of that.

3) opening balance will be a restricted key figure for the start date and balance. issues will be a restricted key figure from start date to end date and for hte issues kf. receipts, same as issues. and closing balance will be restricted on the end period and balance key figure.

Hope this clarifies.

cheers,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

My point was NOT to use the 2lis_03_bx extractor. I have read that we can calculate the 'Beginning' and 'Ending' balances by ONLY using the 2lis_03_bf extractor (simply by using the 'movements').

HOW DO WE DO THE ABOVE??

1. How can we simply add 01.03 as the date when I am in 06.11??

2. I want to only use the 2lis_03_BF, maybe I can calculate the 'stock balances' and designate them as non-cumiulative key figures.

3. More explanation is needed.

Regards,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do that using RKFs. You enter 'From Date' to 'To Date' in Selection.

1. Opening Balance

KF = Receipt - Issue

Posting Date <= From Date

2. From to To Date

KF = Receipt - Issue

Posting Date [ ] From Date - To Date

3. Closing Balance

KF = Receipt - Issue

Posting Date <= To Date

This holds true for Past, Present and Future (!!!). Only thing is check Marker Update. Im no expert in that but if that is done i think past data is compressed and stored in BW. I do not know if above holds true.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parth,

I can only give fiscal year and posting period as selection criteria. And users are going enter either a Fiscal Year or a combination of Fiscal Year and Posting Period.

Ex: 2010 --> Shows the 'Opening Balance' for 2010, then movements happening in all periods of 2010 (1 - 12), finally the 'Ending Balance'.

Ex: 2010, 4 - 6 --> Shows the 'Opening Balance' for 2010, 4 and then movements in periods 4, 5 and 6, finally the 'Ending Balance'.

Can we have a variable on 'Posting Date' based on Fiscal Year and Posting Period.. to calciulate the 'Opening Balance'. Once I get the 'Opening Balance' I can calculate everything else.

Anyone ..... Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No issues. I assumed posting date. You can use Period restriction instead of Date restriction. If the Cube, does not already have Period field, add it and map to posting period.

RKFs will look something as this,

1. Opening Balance

KF = Receipt - Issue

Posting Period <= From Period

2. From to To Date

KF = Receipt - Issue

Posting Period [ ] From Period - To Period

3. Closing Balance

KF = Receipt - Issue

Posting Date <= To Period

Edited by: Parth Kulkarni on Jun 7, 2011 4:48 PM

Answers (0)