Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAML 2.0 Support for SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am hearing conflicting things about the support for SAML 2.0. Which SAP/Netewaver supports SAML 2.0 for SSO? Can Netweaver 7.0 EhP1 systems support SAML 2.0?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. You need to be on 7.02 or higher.

Cheers

5 REPLIES 5

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No. You need to be on 7.02 or higher.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. How about SAML 1.1, is it supported on Netweaver 7.0 EhP1?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you get an answer on this? From my research it seems that SAML 1.1 is supported and I am in the middle of researching the details. We already have SSO for domain connected/authenticated devices on our network via Kerberos but wish to provide same to other devices. We have ADFS 2.0 installed and would like those people to be directed to ADFS for authentication against AD and then proceed to Netweaver/Portal with a SAML token. I found a document that outlines the configuration against IBM Tivoli, but am hoping someone has done the same for ADFS.

Sounds like we are at the same point with the same platform (7.01). Maybe we can help each other out.

Thanks,

Doug

0 Kudos

Hi,

SAML 1.1:

AS Java 7.0x/7.1x/7.2/7.3 - yes

AS ABAP 7.0x - no

AS ABAP 7.1x/7.3 - yes* (only in double stack installation)

SAML 2.0 support:

AS Java 7.0x/7.1x - no

AS Java 7.2/7.3 - yes

AS ABAP 7.01/7.1x - no

AS ABAP 7.02/7.3 - yes

I would recommend you to use SAML 2.0 although it might require an additional system or upgrade of your current one. For more details how to 'enable' SAML 2.0 support for older system you may check the following forum: [|].

Regards,

Dimitar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dimitar,

We are on SAP Netweaver java 7.3 SP08 trying integrate the portal with

SharePoint 2010 using Navigation Web Service (NavigationWSVi) that runs on NW JAVA 7.3.

As a first step we configured SAML 2.0 between ADFS 2.0 and NW Java 7.3

by adding them as trusted systems. After this when we try to test

the web service, its throwing error that the bindings are not correct.

Our research on this leads to this web service using only SAML 1.1 and

NW JAVA 7.3 supports SAML 2.0 onwards.

Our question is, can you let us know if this web

service "NavigationWSVi" can use SAML 2.0 assertion?

If we have to use SAML 1.1 to authenticate this web service, how can we setup trust between SAP and Sharepoint?

Appreciate your response.