cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add a dynamic name for the report and retrieve the company name form other feilds in my C# solution. So i have a added a parameter to the report with type static. Using the report i have added a query to update the para value. But when running the application crystal report show a dialog box to enter para value and i could not pass value from my form to the para.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you do any searching for this in a knowledge base? There are lots of samples and kb articles on this subject. Suggested terms would be: .NET pass parameter

The ReportDocument.SetParameterValue() is a method you'll want to look at too.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

USELESS DEVELOPER CHM FILE

i CLICK ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE

AND RIGHT HAND SIDE FOR ANY TOPIC/ DEFN/ ETC.

Navigation to the webpage was canceled

What you can try:

Retype the address.

saurabh_pathak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

At the top right corner there is text box & little search could have helped you find the ways to open the file.

Try following:

Method 1

Double-click the .chm file.

In the Open File-Security Warning dialog box, click to clear the Always ask before opening this file check box.

Click Open.

Method 2

Right-click the CHM file, and then click Properties.

Click Unblock.

Double-click the .chm file to open the file.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

many thanks, I had been searching for more than four days, and i reached using para for passing values and using reports but I am not sure if shall specify the para type as static or dynamic and how to cancel enter Para value dialog box beacuse this preventing me form passing value to the para.

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what your question is.

Static or dynamic parameters is not something you should have to worry about when setting parameter values. Normally you wouldn't be passing a value to a dynamic parameter because you are relying on the prompt to show your users a dynamic set of values. In that case you wouldn't pass values for the parameter.

It is more common to pass values for static parameters in cases where you don't want the dialog to be shown.

I don't know if you are searching on the term "para", but if you are - stop. Use the full word parameter in your search and you will get better results.

I also suggest you read the developer guide and API reference. They will help you in using our SDK.

Developer Guide

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/crsdk_net_dg_12_en.chm

API Reference

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/crsdk_net_apiRef_12_en.chm