Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing Report help

former_member627490
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a report from EKKO,EKPO,KOMV,MSEG & LIFNR table....I found the related data sources as 2LIS_02_ITM, 2LIS_11_VAKON /2LIS_13_VDKON, 2LIS_03_BF & 0VENDOR_ATTR. Now my doubt is what are the key fields I should take to consolidate the data from above data sources in to a ODS / Cube /Multi Prov....

Is this a good idea to use all above data sources? Or Can I just create a view on top of these tables and create a Data source so that I dont need to create multiple ODS/data sources....Please advice

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member211907
Contributor
0 Kudos

The easiest method for datasources is always to do the necessary joins and analysis in the datasource program itself, and then present as narrow a table to BW as possible for inclusion into an info cube. I would recommend that approach. Do try to 'futureproof' your data model so that the future requirements of the customer (and there will be some.. they ALWAYS want more information) can be considered without over-loading your data.

Have you looked into the Logistics Information System (LIS) structures ? SAP has some nice standard content for LIS structures related to purchasing activity that is a good starting point, and will keep you from having to create all your own joins and datasources.