cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading in SAP sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I anticipate my company is going forward with implementing an SAP Sourcing solution by early next year and I am wondering if anyone can tell me how the tool allows for the grading of events.

That is, if you have a section of the RFx whereby there is an attachment file detailing technical specifications to be met by vendors that is to be graded by your team, does the SAP tool allow the graders to enter scores with a certain degree of granularity.

For instance, can a grade be entered from 1 to 100 or merely in increments of ten percentage points?

Basically, what does the tool allow for this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

For responses that are quantitative, the question preferences can be setup so that the system can automatically score the question. If the supplier response is a file attachment, the question preference should be set to manually scored.

Once the responses have been received from the suppliers, collaborative scoring functionality can be used to manually score them. Note each team member must be a designated "scorer" on the RFx and each scorer can be assigned same or different weight based on their knowledge of the event. The score can be between 1-10. 1 is the lowest score and 10 is the best score. You can also setup the RFx as private or public scoring. In a private scoring RFx for which the scores have not been published, only the owner of the RFx can view the scores.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vikram,

So basically, once you decide to grade an attachment SAP sourcing only provides you the ability to give it a score from one to ten?

Our experience with another sourcing tool that had a similar grading setup (in that case 10% to 100%) was that when a team member scored two vendors with the following scores: Vendor A 72/100 and Vendor B 74/100...the scores of both vendors are equalized at 70.

It seemed that a certain degree of scoring accuracy is lost.

0 Kudos

That's correct. The scores can be from 1 to 10.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

Thanks again,

Peace