cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merged Dimension screen showing no fields or values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am trying to merge dimensions from two different universes. When I go to the Merged Dimension screen, I got instructions "This screen allows you too.... Select two or more qualified Dimensions....". I expected to see the fields but I don't see anything. There is no next and when I click OK. It does nothing.

See [Merge Screenshot|http://www.flickr.com/photos/55002034@N04/5783163928]

Any help would be much appreciated it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops! I was trying to merge the details of different dimensions. My report didnt have the dimensions, only the details. When I brought in the dimensions, it worked. Thanks PadawanGirl!

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I right click, nothing happens. I tried selecting the two dimensions I want merged then going to the Merge Dimension option. Still gives me the same thing. Does access have anything to do with it? Can I be restricted from doing certain things like that?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 -- Dimension 1 is the same type Dimension 2 is?

I mean, if dimension 1 and dimesnion 2 are Number type, you can merge them; if dimension 1 and dimesnion 2 are string type, you can merge them.

But If their typer are different for exmple Numeric and the other is a String, you can't merge them.

2 -- Also make sure you are not trying to merge objects from the same Query.

Edited by: PadawanGirl on May 31, 2011 10:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you select both dimensions at the same time in Data tab and do right click on them and you select the option Merge Dimension what happens? the same?