Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see BOE enterprise data on WilyEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed and configured RSC.

i have configured tomcat server as specified in installation guide and i am able to see data being collected for tomcat and same can be displayed on Wily.

For BOE servers , i have done the configuration steps but couldn't see it on wily. I followed the installation document correctly.

Any idea where i might have gone wrong?

Thanks,

Phani

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

With BOE XI 3.1, it is only possible to see the data of Webi Processing Server, Connection Server, MDAS Server, and Explorer. You should also see sdk data being sent from the application server which includes Webi SDK, Platform SDK, MDAS SDK, etc

To get data from Webi Processing Server and Connection Server you must have at least XI3.1 SP3. Then you need to enable the connection server bridge tracing as per section 5.1.3.

The MDAS server is automatically configured by the RSC UI.

Before you will see data, you must first refresh a Webi document (or Voyager for MDAS data).

Can you confirm if you have done the above steps?

Also, can you confirm exactly which dashboards are missing data?

Thanks

Toby Johnston

SAP Americas, Inc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Toby,

Below are the dashboards for which i am not able to see any data.

We are in XI3.1 FP 2.5

BOE WEBI REPORT SERVER

In the BOE PLATFORM , no date for ALL BOE SERVER ACCESS (Average Response time , Concurrent Calls, Response for interval)

No Data under BOE VOYAGER WAS

No Data BOE WEBI REPORT SERVER

No Data BOE WEBI REPORT SERVER DB ACCESS

Thanks,

Phani

Toby_Johnston
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Phani,

I will respond explaining the actions needed for each dashboard:

In the BOE PLATFORM , no data for ALL BOE SERVER ACCESS (Average Response time , Concurrent Calls, Response for interval)

To get these 3 "concurrent" dashboards working you will need to follow the steps in [SAP NOTE 1515600|https://service.sap.com/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1515600].

BOE VOYAGER WAS

The Voyager metrics rely on proper configuration of the Java Agent for your MDAS Server. With RSC SP2, your MDAS server will be automatically configured when you run the landscape detection wizard in the RSC UI. If you are on RSC SP1 still, you will need to manually configure your MDAS Server command line in the CMC as follows:

In text field "Command Line Parameters", add the following 3 properties to the command line after the parameter "-server":

-Dintroscope.agent.name=<X>

Where <X> is the name of the agent. This name must be unique and composed like this: <BOESID>_BOE<hostname><BOE Server Name>

<BOESID> is the 3 letter ID which corresponds to the used BOE license in the SAP Service Marketplace (SMP).

<hostname> is the NetBIOS or Fully Qualified Domain Name of the host machine of both the MDAS server and the SMD Agent.

<BOE Server Name> is the MDAS server instance name without the host information that prefixes it. By default, MDAS server instance name looks like <hostname>.MultiDimensionalAnalysisServicesServer[number]. There will be no number at the end if this is the only MDAS server hosted by this node. Usually the string used as <BOE Server Name> is MultiDimensionalAnalysisServicesServer.

Example:

-Dintroscope.agent.name=BO4_BOE_XI31CMS1_MultiDimensionalAnalysisServicesServer 

-javaagent:<absolute path to the Agent.jar file>

Example:

-javaagent:C:\usr\sap\CCMS\wily\Agent.jar 

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=<absolute path to the IntroscopeAgent.profile.

Example:

-Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=C:\usr\sap\CCMS\wily\IntroscopeAgent.profile 

Below is a complete example of all three entries to be added on a server with a hostname of XI31CMS1:

-Dintroscope.agent.name=DAA_BOE_XI31CMS1_MultiDimensionalAnalysisServicesServer -javaagent:C:\usr\sap\CCMS\wily\Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=C:\usr\sap\CCMS\wily\IntroscopeAgent.profile

After adding the paramerers to your MDAS Server, restart the server and refresh a voyager document to see data in Wily.

BOE WEBI REPORT SERVER

BOE WEBI REPORT SERVER DB ACCESS

For these two dashboards you must be on BusinessObjects Enterprise Service Pack 3 or higher. Then you need to enable the connection server bridge trace as per the RSC SP2 installation guide in section "5.1.3 Enable the Connection Server Bridge Trace (Windows Only)"

After installing the BOE XI3.1 SP3 then updating the ncs.conf, restart your Webi Processing Server and refresh a Webi document and you will have data.

Sincerely,

Toby Johnston

SAP Americas, Inc.

Answers (0)