cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Number Range - Current No. still ZERO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are loading customers through conversion program. We have external number range set for Customers. Now, though we have created 115 Customers through this load program, the number range - current # is blank (zero) so in this case how the customers are created randomly and why its not going sequentially ? Now incase I try create with the number range series, it shows custoer already exists but the number is not seen in Current # in XDN1.

rgds..Ameet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask yourself the question.

If you are using an external number assignment then any number in the range can be assigned at any time so there is no concept of current number as it does not need this to determine what the next number should be.

When its external then its all up to you to manage.

If you do need to know this then best is a bespoke table and a user exit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using an external number range then you have to manage this yourself as you can assign any number in the range that you have specified and this does not have to be done in sequence.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ya, agreed but will this not get reflected in CURRENT NUMBER in XDN1 ? So how do i know which number is current ?

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ameet,

Have you included the external numnbers in the load data..???

Let us know..

SB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, The issue is the Current # should increase or show the lastest #, isnt it ? We do insert external no. in the load sheet.

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understood, you have taken care below fields in your upload program.

- Account group might exist in the upload file/prog

- Account group has marked as external no assignment in Customization ( Tx:0VTC)

- Customer no in upload prog is within range of selected account group.

can you please check & confirm.

Regards,

Reazuddin MD

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think if you are trying to push external numbers, system will not add +1 to the numbers. You will have to specify the external numbers in the load sheet. That is specific external no to spcecif document.

Hope I am correct. Guys let me know if I am right..

SB