cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Queries in BO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm working with Business Objects 3.1 Desktop and Webi. I want to type SQL Queries but I don't know how to do it. Is it possible to create queries in BO Desktop and Webi? If so, how can I do it? I'm not Administrator, I'm only a user.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can do by deski report.Create new report by based on Free hand SQL editor,create a connection for a database then paste sql in the editor and run.For more help login on the deski and go to the help tab and in the help you can find how to create report based on the Free hand SQL Editor.

In webi you can achieve this thing by to create one universe and insert derived table and paste the sql.Then create classes and objects and then create webi report based on the universe.You can not create webi report direct on the Free hand SQL.

In both of cases you have to rights to create report on Free Hand SQL editor or create universe.

Thanks,

Amit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 ways.

1. Creating a derived table at universe and creating classes/objects as per requirement and creating reports on them (Deski or WebI)

2. In case of only DeskI reports then give report source as free hand sql instead of selecting universe

3. In case of only WebI reports then BO 3.1 version u have stored procedures as report source.

Thanks & Regards,

Suresh Aluri