cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem to export a report (to PDF) after converting my reports to CR13

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an old project with reports developped using Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2003 (.NET 1.1). I want to convert them so I can now use Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 (with .NET 3.5).

I installed Crystal Reports for VS2010 and I converted my reports to the new format. Unfortunately, one of my reports is not working anymore.

My ASP.NET application generate the report and export it as a PDF. I use CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export().

Everytime I run this method, an exception is thrown...

System.Exception was unhandled by user code

Message=System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80041004):

Mémoire insuffisante pour l'opération.

à CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers.ReportSourceClass.Export(ExportOptions pExportOptions, RequestContext pRequestContext)

à CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

à CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

à CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

à CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export()

à CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Export()

à

Source=GSPRapport

StackTrace:

I also tried to export the report (using PDF format) at design time with the "Export Report" button in Preview mode. It didn't work. But, I can export the report at design time using another format type (like XML).

The old version of te report (using .NET 1.1, CR9) work fine. As I said, other reports in that same project work perfectly.

Is someone have an idea of what's wrong!

Thanks!

Max.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The most common cause of this problem is having very large detailed images, or lots and lots of images in your report. The Crystal Report engine changed a lot from 9.1 to 13. The big change was from 9.1 to 10 though when we started using the RAS InProc engine.

The Crystal reporting engine is not efficient at handling the images and it can cause memory issues like you are seeing. As a test, try suppressing the images that show up frequently in your report and retry your export. If it works you'll have your answer and you'll need a new creative way to design your report without so many images.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I removed the only image my report contains (the company logo in the "Header section") and it resolve my problem. However, I don't understand how a single image can cause a Insufficient Memory Exception.

Thanks for the help!

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've seen this happen before when people use a full high resolution image as a logo in a report. Like a 3000x2000 px image file that is then resized within Crystal to 60x40. It is best to resize it in an image editing program and drop the colour depth to make the image as small as possible.

Answers (0)