cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue Regarding Chinese characters In Smart Form Print preview..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on a smart form development for chinese users. The requirement is the user will login using English & when the delivery will be issued for output, a check will be done on the country of user. If that comes as china then the international version (C) maintained for that customer will come as output.

Now the problem is even if I login using EN or ZH the below issue I am facing always.

In the database I can view the details in chinese properly by logging in as ZH. During debugging also i checked the data from table ADRC & MAKT is coming in chinese properly. But when i gave the values to be output in SmartForm, it is showing the characters like how it will look if I login using EN & view the table contents.

When i view the data by changing character set as Simplified Chinese then in table i can see chinese texts properly. But when the same data goes to print preview it shows the chinese characters like as it would appear when character set is Unicode or West European..

Please help..

Thanks in advance.

Edited by: malayanayak123 on Jun 1, 2011 5:48 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

If previewing on a MS Windows platform does the relevant language pack from Windows exist? Perhaps it requires installing.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not an issue here. In database I can view the data in Proper Chinese characters but when it goes for print preview i am getting junk chatacters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

print preview and physical printout are two different things.

PrintPreview:

The data stream will be sent to the frontend and rendered with windows-fonts etc (for backend prints a simulation).

Printout:

Frontend: You need a printer, that maps the character, you have to use SAPWIN or SAPWINCF when using cascading fonts. The rendering will be done in the windows spooler.

Backend: Your printer needs also a mapping (look like something with UTF8). Also the printer needs the fonts installed because the rendering will be done in the printer!

If you use the pdf-printer in SAP, you need to upload all necessary fonts (TTF) for the pdf-composer. Also you need a unicode pdf printer for that.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for an answer i was looking for.. The problem what happened was, i was giving LOCL for printpreview which is supporting the device type which doesn't uses Chinese fonts.

Then i changed the output printer for preview which supports Chinese fonts.. & imagine what happened...

EUREKA...

Thanks..

Points awarded..

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody has got any solutions to this issue ??