cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP: How to "lock" initial column in SNP data view (SCM7.0 / SP8)

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

after a change from SCM5.0 to SCM7.0 we are seeing a change in a tiny but very important capability and we are trying to re-establish it in SCM7.0. If somebody has an idea how to address this that would be of great help:

As of SCM5.0 users were able to lock the INITIAL column of an SNP DataView so that the column is the default start column and not the next future column. In SCM5.0 the solution had 2 elements

A) set a user parameter in SU01 called /SAPAPO/SDP_STARTCOL to value X

+

B) double-click the header of the initial column in the SNP data view

As of SCM7.0 this is not supported anymore. There is a certain user setting in an SNP data view (Settings --> Others --> "Period from last selection" ) but this is not behaving to our needs and SAP is saying what we want from SCM5.0 is a non-supported feature in SCM7.0.

So, does anybody have an idea how to solve this. I checked UserExits and BAdis in SPRO for interactive planning - there all kind of stuff but nothing having a method to allow / perform a "column locking" in an SNP Data view. Thanks for any tip or hint here.

Regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

Dont have any useful answer, but have spent a fair bit of time trying to figure this one out also (in SCM7) and users strongly want this, but I cant find any way to do it. Appreciate if anyone has figured it out.

former_member584840
Participant
0 Kudos

My Colleague (thanks Col) has found something to get at least part way there. User settings "Period from Last Selection" means that at least users only have to scroll back to INITIAL once the first time load into the planning book, and subsequent selections will also show initial.

Can follow from below steps.

INITIAL COLUMN to hold while changing selections

1. Open planning book (ensure you have 2 selections to work with)

2. Scroll to the LEFT to get INITIAL within the SNP 1 planning book

3. Click on USER SETTINGS and go to the OTHER tab

4. When in OTHER tab u2013 REMOVE selection ID (so relates to ALL) and then click PERIOD from LAST SELECTION within the Diff start period

So

And then SAVE

AND THEN u2013 DO THE DROP DOWN AGAIN AND SAVE AGAIN u2013 2nd time needed to ensure you are in u201Cno selectionu201D mode.

(Or if press ENTER after removing selection also other option)

ONCE in NO SELECTION should see extra COLUMN WIDTH value before putting drop down in

NOTE: once this is SAVED you should see GREEN u201Csettings found for planning book/useru201D

5. Then go to your OTHER SELECTION

So now back in planning book u2013 select your OTHER selection

And INITIAL COLUMN is still there

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello jejeje,

thanks for your efforts - what you describe is something users have found out on our side too - a problem remains: you can save this setting "Period from last Selection" and it brings you to the INITIAL column but: once you have scrolled forward in the SNP data view (so that the INITIAL column has disappeared) and you leave the SNP data view or select another product ... it "remembers" that you last time left the data view NOT having INITIAL column as a start column.

So, my users say that they scroll back to INITIAL column before selecting another part or using another SelectionID or leaving the SNP data view ... and of course they hate this since they have to do this a few hundred times a day worse case.

We had a call open to SAP on this and I told them that is about productivity and usabaliity issue moving from SCM5.0 to SCM7.0 - but they have nothing more to say than "not supported anymore" - and the ultimate solution is / will be to modifiy SAP SCM standard coding - unless somebody from SAP is reading the discussioons here and is dedicated to help their customers which pay millions every year into SAP support fees.

Thanks for your responses and effort !

Regards

Thomas

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The userparameter controls if during reloading of data the startcolumn

shall be kept or the grid will scroll back to the first future column.

(see note 749791 - not valid in the newer releases anymore).

As of SCM4.1, this is being controled by the user settings - see note

997497:

The parameter /SAPAPO/SDP_STARTCOL is replaced with the parameter

"'X' = Do Not Reset Start Period in Grid" in the user settings.

The description of the settings as of 4.1 is a bit confusing, but you

need to go to the tab "others" in the usersettings and change the option

in:

Different Start. Period after Selection Switch

to: "Period from last selection"

Hope this will helps you.

Regards,

Sunitha

thomas_schulze2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sunitha,

what you describe is correct but refers to an outdated release level (SCM4.1 and SCM5.0). Meanwhile we have asked SAP via OSS on this topic and I have official response from SAP on this: they say they discontinue the INITIAL column locking features in SNP DataViews as of SCM7.0 (Message Reference 451548 / 2011) and let you only choose the "Period from last selection" in the UserSetting which is not truly locking the INITIAL column once you have scrolled forward in the data view.

I'll set the thread to answered since it can be closed.

Regards

Thomas