Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TLV Error when using crystal report in application from Terminal Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our accounting software is generating the error:

Invalid TLV record

The error is generated from every user except one, for that one user everything works fine.

i've checked the file permissions on the rpt files as well as the dll, everything is correct and i'm now lost.

Any ideas on where else to start looking?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello,

TLV error usually indicates there is more than one version of the runtime on your PC's. The one that does work likely only has the one version.

Did you write the software? If not please contact the vendor for support.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

the software is only running on one machine, a windows terminal server. the users are all logging into this server to use the software but it behaves differently for the other users.

0 Kudos

Hi Denny,

Actually think of Terminal Server as a PC for each user. All of the CR runtime needs to be copied into each users \system32 folder. The one user likely has permissions.

Depending on the version of CR and the version TS and the OS you are using depends on if it's supported.

It's still best to talk to the owners of the software and ask them how to configure it or if it's supported.

Thanks again

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is only one system32 folder on the terminal server, shared by all of the users... and my user account (domain admin) is getting the error which tells me it shouldn't be a permissions problem.

the vendor is being a pain about supporting this claiming it should work fine in TS and offering no further support, thus my coming here.

Edited by: denny webb on May 31, 2011 8:21 PM

0 Kudos

Ah.. I hate when they do that, if you are going to write an application then support it.... At least help figure out why it's failing other than just saying it should work....

I would get on a call with them and get a Manager involved, someone there should be able to help you...

In the mean time:

First easiest way is search for crpe32.dll, there should only be one version and it should match the est of the file versions. Next step will tell you the versions being used.

OK, download [Modules|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip]. what this app will do is list all of the runtime files each user has access to. You can save and then compare the list files between the one working PC and any other user. Should help determine what is missing or the users profile doesn't have access to or not installed.

Another option is to use ProfileMonitor from Microsoft, it will list all access issues including the registry keys that all users need to run CR.

Can you tell me what version you are using?

Also need to know what version of TS?

OS it's running on?

And work station OS?

One more option, go to this link http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/advancedsearch?query=boj and search on "invalid tlv" and it will return a bunch of know reasons why you can get that error.

Thanks

Don

Edited by: Don Williams on May 31, 2011 12:52 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

i also notice that the cxd tmp files are not being created for the failing users in their local settings/temp folders.