Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on Deactivation of a User exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

SAP Gurus, I would like to seek for your help regarding an error I encounter upon transporting the deactivation of a user exit to Q00. We activated a user exit EXIT_SAPLMLSR_001 (user exit of ML81N) and transported the changes up to Production. However, we encounter a problem that leads us to deactivating the said user exit again. In the development landscape, we had successfully done this by first deactivating the project in CMOD, deleting the user exit in there then activating the project again. We tried and ML81N works fine. Service entry sheet are editable in D00. But when we transported it to Q00, the entry sheets are non-editable. We check table TFDIR in D00, the status of the said user exit is Client = blank, while in Q00, Client = 'C' of the said user exit. Can you help us on how to solve this issue and what cause the problem? Thanks and regards.

4 REPLIES 4

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Baguado,

If there is any issue with deactivation delete the entire project.

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Hi Madhurao,

I cannot delete the entire project because there are othe user exits that are in there. This problem has been solved by a workaround. Here's what we did, create a dummy project, put the user exit in there, activate it, deactivate then delete the project. The user exit status in TFDIR became Client = blank already. But I still don't know why the problem happens. We want to know the root cause so next time, we would not encounter this again.

Edited by: baguado on Jun 1, 2011 7:34 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you check whether is is deactivated in all clients . 1) May be it is deactivated in development and not in other clients if this is a situation deactivate in client wise.I think it is better different user exits in different projects

Regards,

Madhu.

0 Kudos

Thanks, I think we'll follow your step the next time.