cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encode Problem Between Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a problem with the data transferred between my systems. How source system I have a SQL Server 2005 and my target system is BW.

The problem is that my source system contain special characters how ñ, á, é, í, etc. and when the data are transfered at my target system, the characters are changed to a symbol.

I´m sure that the problem is for the encoding, but my BW system is unicode.

SQL Server 2005 --> character set utf-8

BW System -

-

unicode

In the RFC program configuration on BW don´t have selected the option unicode, and when select this value the program finished with this error.

RFC Error: (BODI-300351)

Key: (BODI-300353)RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE

Message: (BODI-300355)See RFC trace file or SAP system log for more details

Logged out of SAP; trying to log back in... (BODI-300361)

Any idea.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

former_member188011
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there:

Some questions for you.

- Are you loading Master Data or Transaction Data?

- Have you selected the checkbox to allow Lowercase letters while loading your InfoObject? ("General" Tab on your InfoObject definition)

- Is your InfoObject Language dependent? (checkbox selected on the "Master Data/Texts" Tab on your InfoObject definition)

Regards,

Francisco Milán.

0 Kudos

Thank's for your help.

- Are you loading Master Data or Transaction Data?

Transaction Data

- Have you selected the checkbox to allow Lowercase letters while loading your InfoObject? ("General" Tab on your InfoObject definition)

The checkbox is not selected and all my data are in Uppercase from my source system

- Is your InfoObject Language dependent? (checkbox selected on the "Master Data/Texts" Tab on your InfoObject definition)

The checkbox is not selected

former_member188011
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi César:

I thought you had lowercase letters on your source data since you mentioned you had an issue with the symbols ñ, á, é, í, etc.

Now I assume the problem is actually with the symbols Ñ, Á, É, Í, etc.

Did you maintain the valid characters on the system using Transaction Code RSKC?

for more details please refer to the paper by Archana Suresh "Special Characters in BI"

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0cdc928-5e2d-2e10-e1bb-ec77bcb5c...

Regards,

Francisco Milán.

Edited by: Francisco Milan on May 31, 2011 5:01 PM

0 Kudos

Francisco thanks for your answers.

Those characters are valid / permitted in my system. Now I´m executing a data load with those characters from a different source system whithout a problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved !!!

This problem is solved, only take to moved the encoding of the system (target or source) in dataservice designer.

Thanks All.