cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delimiting IT2001 with begda before earliest retroacitve date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our customers often have very long leaves (several years). This sometimes results in startdate being before earliest retroactive acounting date. But the enddate can be today or even in the future. If they need to change the enddate, this is not possible. Even with the delimit function we are stopped because of the admin record.

This behaviour differs from eg IT0057. Here we can delimit records with startdate < earliest retro; as long as enddate > earliest retro.

Why is this not possible for IT2001? Is it as designed or is it a bug/missing functionality?

/Kirsten

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kirsten,

did you find any solution for your problem? I have been solving this for 8 months and try to find any contact in SAP. But untill now, they only reply me that this is not bug, its local matter, in local SAP they wrote me to contact Attendances/Absences, there they wrote me this is a standard and to find solution somewhere on SAP portals. I also use PA0003-earliest retroac.date to block data to the past period. It protects the changing of data before earliest retroact.date. But delimition function is not changing and if delimit date is later than earliest retroact.date, it should work (it works for IT0014, IT0057, IT2003 etc., only it doesnt work with IT2001 a 2002). Could you please let me know, how did you solve it? Thank you very much, Alena Oriescikova (SAP consultant, Slovakia). alena.oriescikova@globesy.sk

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have in fact not solved it.  We have to get the cases in to us on 3rd line support and debug past the control. This is of course not at all acceptable, and if you find an answer to this problem, I would appreciate you sharing it.

Regards

Kirsten

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We didn't allow Long Term Absences to straddle the Go-Live Date. They were all created as of the Go-Live Date in order to accurately affect the Quotas, when required.

But for these employees, isn't it possible to temporarily modify the IT0003 to accept Time Data prior to Go-Live, delimit the IT2001, and re-modify IT0003 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This isn't a go-live issue, it happens all the time. We yearly change earliest retro to be current year and one year back.

We are able to bypass the problem, but this requires that it is done by us at support. Users should be able to delimit this themselves like they do with other infotypes with the same issue.

Best regards

Kirsten