cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend the textfield functionality

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add a textfield to a view in which a person can enter notes which cannot be changed or updated later. Each time when the person enter notes and press the update button, the notes will be added to a u201Cnotes protocolu201D. The Notes protocol will show the complete notes, dates and the responsible user that was adding the text. The view-set will have three parts:

1. Notes protocol (notes, user_name, time_stamp).

2. Notes input (The user can enter the text here)

3. Button: Add Notes, Refresh notes window

Does anyone has an ideas? I want to use the functionality of the GSTEXT component. Thank you for any help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

thanks for your reply. But it doenst help me to solve the problem or I dont understand the principles behind that text concept.

If I use the "text determination" of CRM_ORDERH, then it will not solve my problem. But maybe I am wrong?, then sorry!

Ok, I will try to describe the issue more in detail:

1) I need a ViewSet that has two parts: One part shall show all old notes and another part the input to enter new notes.

For example: I will describe the functionality of my component:

Day 1: Employee A is writing NOTES about a customer (for example: "Customer A canceled his contract") or a transaction. After he has finished his input and press "save" or "back", the text will be shown in the upper part of his viewset (Notesprotocol). Besides the text, the username of the employee and the time will be written.

Day2: Employee A cannot change the original notes anymore. If he wants to add additional notes. Those additional notes will be shown in the notes protocol as "Notes Number 2".

Does anyone has idea how to realize such a function? Which component shall I use (GSTEXT?) and what shall I extend or change?

Thank you so much for your answer!

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is exactly what I was talking about. Just do the setting and you will see that t works as you want. Then the only thing is that if you want to show both texts in the upper viewset, you will have to develop it. I have also done this in my compny. I didn't enhance GSTEXT component with additional view. Instead I created Z component with one view which is similar to Notes view in GSTEXT component. And in basic component then I integrated this new Z component. And of course you have to write all the logic to display both texts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Robert,

thanks for your fast reply. I really admire your knowledge, you are an expert!

I am working since 1 month with SAP, so I am not so experienced until now. I was thinking how to solve it and finally I tried to develope an idea (based on your suggestions).:

Ok, I tell you how I want to realize it:

1) I created two new texttypes "Z1IN" and "Z2OU" under the object "CRM-ORDERH".

2) For the text determination procedure I created one own procedure under CRM-ORDERH and assigned the two new texttypes to it.

So far....

Texttype Z1IN shall be for the "INPUT"

Texttype Z2OU shall be for the "OUTPUT".

I want to "append" the content of Z1N to Z2OU. Z2OU shall be read-only. If the appending was successfull then Z1IN need to be cleared (the content of Z1IN deleted).

I think that this code shall be executed after the user press the "save" button. Therefore I think I need to configure transaction "CRMV_EVENT".

1) How to append the content of Z1 to Z2? Structures?, Tables?

2) Do I need to do customizing in the following areas?

A 1) "SPRO/Create Actions with Wizard", /TextDetermination

B 2) Transaction "CRMV_EVENT"

C 3) BSP WD Component Workbench

3) Which nodes do I need to consider? GSTEXT/TEXT Node: "TEXT" and Attributes "LINES"?

I dont know if this question is too specified, but if you could give me some hints then it would be really nice. I will close then later this question here as "answered". I wonder why there is no documentation for such a case ;-). I mean this is not a totally specific function ;-).

Sir, thank you so much for your reply!

Kind regards

Edited by: Marcel Welsen on Jun 3, 2011 5:54 PM

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why don't you simply mark Z1IN as P and Z2OU as R in text procedure. You don't need to develop your own logic for that. It is coverd by standard functionality and will solve your first part of the question.

About second thing, if you want to display both texts in header overwies page, you will have to do some development. You will have to create one new view with similar logic tht is used in GSTEXT/TEXT. And of course you will have to integrate this new view in your master component.

Hope this clarifies things.

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

regarding the notes log functionality please check [SAP Note 910735 - Log texts settings and functions|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/910735].

Best regards

Gregor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi robert ,,

I read your all replies above  and want to ask my question qwhich is simliar to that .

Component : GSTEXT

Assignment block : Notes and one is above its " Text area'/.

When I pressed New Note and in the new Window of textare ( I write something ) and press Back button ,

It will add the new note in the Assignment block of NOTES and also in the above text area.

THe issue comes.

When I again Press New Note and write on the Text area , and Press BACK . it will add in the assignment block but not in the text area.

Text area has only the earlier value .

My task is to append every new note to the existing one .

Regards

Ravi

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For this

create Text area and create Event handler button i.e on submit :

Concatenate User/Date/Time stamp

add code

CONCATENATE '|| User: ' sy-uname '|' 'Date: ' lv_date '|' lv_time '||' into lv_value1 SEPARATED BY space.

and set

lr_entity->set_property( iv_attr_name = 'CONC_LINES' iv_value = lv_value ).

and rest will handles by standard itself.....

try it

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Nitty

I have the similar requirement,, When I create a Note in the notes Assignment block.

As per your requirement I should get date and time stamp as well as the user name.

Can you please send me the document exactly what you did for this or can u explain me over here .

My email id If you can send any document

anveshkeesara@gmail.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert, thank you so much for your answer!! Now I got it.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel ,

Can you tell we how to approach over the same issue that you faced .

Component : GSTEXT

Assignment block : Notes and one is above its " Text area'/.

When I pressed New Note and in the new Window of textare ( I write something ) and press Back button ,

It will add the new note in the Assignment block of NOTES and also in the above text area.

THe issue comes.

When I again Press New Note and write on the Text area , and Press BACK . it will add in the assignment block but not in the text area.

Text area has only the earlier value .

My task is to append every new note to the existing one .

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi All,

My question solution is : SAP is not allows this functionality . so  My approach is not correct , Now I add the Functionality in Ztext area .

It works fine

Thanks all for regular posting which gives new ideas ..........

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is ok for you that notes are recorded on "save" event of transaction, thrn you can use standard "log" functionality for texts. I that case in your text determination procedure mark one text (the one that you mantain) in column Changes with P. And the other one (for log) mark with R.

Regards.