cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit Generic DS ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I have created Generic DS form RSO2, then i activated and now i could see in RSA6. and so i replicate it with BW. all went fine.

Now, i just find out that i still need to add couple of fields in the DS, where do i edit it ?

i tried in RSA5 ( i dont see my Generic DS in RSA5 ) but i could see in RSA6, when i try to edit it, i can only edit some of the settings of the DS, i cant delete fields or i cant add fields to that DS.

what am i doing wrong ? OR will i need to delete the whole Data source and recreate the new one ?

Or cretate NEW DS in RSO2 with the same name and once we activate it , it will overwrite the old one ?

please help....thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197993
Participant
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to edit your DS, goto RSA6-> Click on pencil(change button) then it will prompt for Transport request->then it will take you to edit your DS by Selection/Hide/Inversion/Field only checkboxes. If you want to delete some fields, simply you hide them. If you want to add new fields, goto extract structure and Append your new fileds. After appending, you can see your new fields at the bottom of your extract structure.

To populate data to the newly added fields, you have to write an enhancement code in CMOD transaction code.

Hope it may give you a fair idea.

Regards,

Suman