cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an option to align the currency symbols and decimal points of numbers in a column, like the Accounting format in Excel? I would like the dollar sign left justified to allow easier reading.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Perhaps if you try these steps I found in this link:

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=618226&sid=e15d2953cfc5835d0a7bb5ce651e3c81

Edited by: PadawanGirl on May 31, 2011 6:25 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can append $ with your key figure. e.g. In your report key fgure is Amount then make a formula measure Amount (USD) as:-

Amount(USD)="$" + [Amount]

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I don't think this gives the accounting format.

The accounting format I'm referring to is where the $ symbol is aligned to the left of a cell, but the number is aligned to the right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This soluntion is not practical for me. The suggestion would require laboriously updating multiple reports with about 8 measures in each for an unknown number range. We often have a number range from negative billions to positive billions. The formula would be long and prone to errors.

We currently have a default currency set on the universe. I wonder if there is a custom format that we can create. Crystal allows fixed currency symbols. I will make a suggestion on the Idea Place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heather,

Please do post back if you find a solution, I'm also wanting this feature.

Thanks,

DG