cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updating master and transaction data to APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After the initial upload of the master and transaction data to APO, what is it recommeded to update the new master/transaction data?

Master data

- Run RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2 or run RCPTRAN4? how periodic should it be?

Transaction data

- Should it also be runned RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2? how periodic should it be?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

RIMODGEN and RIMODAC2 once every night should be fine. Even though the normal practise is to run planning every weekend , it is better to transfer the master and transdata everyday. Also i believe you know that the transaction data transfer is immediate. Once the material is included in the active trans data IM, any transaction data that you put in R/3 will reflect in APO immediately. So the transfer is only for the transaction data of materials that are included in the trans data IM's newly.

Thanks

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna, thanks for the answer.

understood for master data

transaction data

just to confirm...transaction data is immediatly transfered to APO, so should I also run REMODGEN and REMODAC for the transaction data again? or is not necessary if the filter is set at the material type?

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you dont need to run these again. As mentioned once you have active IM for a transaction data say, planned order then it would be transfered to APO automatically once created or changed in ECC.

Rgs

Former Member
0 Kudos

...or is not necessary if the filter is set at the material type?

Filter is not by material type. You are confusing selection of objects to be included in the model with the filter objects themselves.

If you have an existing Transactional Integration Model, it will contain certain objects. The objects are based upon the selection criteria you entered when you last generated the model. That universe of objects does not change, until you regenerate your Model and then activate the latest version.

So, if you create and activate new Master data Integration Model, which then contains new objects, this will send new master data across to SCM. This will not change the transactional data models! You can check this out by reviewing the contents of your transactional models using CFM4.

I suggest that every time you create and activate any new master data model, you also create and update any dependent transactional models, if you want that transactional data to flow to SCM.

Best Regards,

DB49

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I agree with DB. As mentioned in my previous post , you should run the transaction data IM immediately after the master data IM's. The "immediate transfer" of transaction data is true only for materials already included in the trans data IM's. To transfer transdata of newly created materials / materials that got included in the IM after the last run , you have to run the trans data CIF again.

Here is an example. Let's say you have material X. You have transfered this material and (sayfor ex) sales orders corresponding to this material to APO by creating and activating the mateiral and so's iM's respectively. Now if you put 10 new sales orders for the material X in R/3 they will reflect in APO immediately. Lets say you create a new material Y and create 10 sales orders for that material (Y) . You are not going to see Y or sales orders corresponding to Y in APO. You have to include Y in the material and SO IM's and create and activate the material and SO IM's.

Hope it is clear now

Thanks

Aparna

Answers (0)