SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No adjustment account found for cost element( Seconday) - Message no. K5112

apparao_yalam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Trying to configure system to post labor cost in work order through internal activity types ( planning in KP26) where Funds Management is active and CCS solution is Live

Fund is derived through Business area of Work order.

When trying post labor cost through confirmations ( IW41) getting below error

E - K5 - 100- Substitution was deactivated for account determination

E - K5 - 112 - No adjustment account found for cost element

Could you please suggest how can achieve posting labor cost ( though secondary cost element) to work orders while FM is active.

Note : only CCS solution is Live and now we are trying to add only EAM functionalities.

Thanks,

Appa Yalam

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

for message 100- seems you deactivated substitution for CO-FI real time integration

for 112 check entry in ok17

former_member184992
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Appa,

It seems to be that you don't use the account determination via the CO Transactions but you use the account determination via an substitution.

As a remark, for transaction KP26 the business transaction is always automatically set to 'RKPL'.

Please review the prerequisite of substitution made by you in case the business transaction RKPL is not part of the restriction.

Plan integration settings are not done via the IMG-step 'Realtime-Integration of Controlling with financial accounting', which

is only relevant for actual data.

For plan data integration settings please take a look at note 1017289. Check also transaction OK17.

Check also the note:

995053 - Messages K5 112 and K5 113 with account determination

I believe this will help you.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Thank you Alex and Vanessa.

I am not belong to FI Area But belong to EAM. Just trying configure posting Labor cost to work orders.

May be I mixing CO - FI integration and Fund management but there is problem starting

Original error was : F6 - Value Blank / Space is invalid for account assignment element "Fund"

As long as fund ( Funds Management) not derived , system is allowing to post labor cost with out errors.

1) Fund is derived from Business area : So removed Business area from Work order

2) Deactivated Fund , Functional area , Grant at : SPRO --> Public sector Management --> Funds Management Government --> Budget control system --> Budgeting -> Basic settings -->Use of Master data --> Deactivate account assignment Elements in controlling.

Then Labor posting ( Time confirmation ) is successful.

But not sure the ares , Deactivated setting ( Point no.2) will effect , so trying to achieve labor cost posting with out deactivating above said

-

OK17 - Account determination may be irrelevant becasue that is for only G/L ( I tried to maintain same Secondary cost element against transaction RKL - then error while posting - Given account is not G/L

No substitution is maintained at OK17. Will it solve by maintaining substitution ?

-

Is there any way solve this through Funds Management settings?

0 Kudos

Hi.

First of all you need to realize what you want. Are you sure that you don't need CO-FM integration???

If you don't need it then you can deactivate specific CO transaction for integration

img-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Actual and Commitment Update/Integration-Integration-Integration with Cost and Project Controlling-Choose Business Transactions for Integration

But I don't think it's good idea(if somebody activated it then it's needed)

Else you need to check derivation strategy (tcode FMDERIVE)

Don't do step 2 from your post!

0 Kudos

Hi,

My previous reply was related to error message K5112.

Now you mentioned that the original error was : F6 - Value Blank / Space is invalid for account assignment element "Fund"

My answer for this is:

I believe that the complete error message number is F6841. In regards to this error, first, I would like to ask you if it is possible to your business to have BLANK in the fund field?

If your answer is YES, then you can allow this in IMG menu below:

Public Sector Management -> General Settings for Public Sector Management -> Basic Settings: Account Assignment Elements -> Allow BLANK as Value for Account Assignment Elements

Be aware that SAP does not recommend to allow blanks to account assignment fields in a productive system. Please check the documentation available in that customizing settings above and also with your project manager. This change can´t be done without the agreement of the responsible person for Funds management in your company.

You can activate the FM customizing to allow blanks to the field Fund just to be able to do the process and change it as soon as it is done. I suggest you to do this when no postings are made in your database so all the records with field Fund will be only related to this process.

There are some consequences for that like for example you will never have this data with field Fund. Therefore, your reports will show some records with Fund and others with Fund as blank. If one day you want to classify your data by Fund, this will be not possible since some records have the field Fund as blank.

If your answer is NO, then you need to derive the "Fund" field using the tool FMDERIVE.

You need to define a Derivation Strategy in transaction FMDERIVE. After that, you need to define the rules in transaction FMDERIVER. In this part you need to fill the assignment to Fund field.

You can create a dummy Fund to be able to do the process and create a substitution rule in CO (OKC9), to update field Fund with dummy when it is blank. This option will avoid the customizing change and all your records will have field Fund filled.

I would also not recommend you to deactivate Fund because the impact will be in all other areas FI, CO, MM, SD, and so on. If it was activated, it was a reason and I suggest you to talk to the responsible person for the budget in your company or the project manager responsible for the Funds Mangement implementation. But I am sure that there is a good reason for the activation and deactivate it it will cause issues in all integrated areas.

I hope this explanation helps you with your issue.

Best Regards,

Vanessa.

0 Kudos

Hi Alex , Vanessa,

You both are right. We don't want to allow Blank / Space and deactivating any running processes

Here FM is not implemented in full pledge. As I mentioned earlier , only CCS (CR&B) solution implemented. SAP interfaced with another ERP to transfer G/L entries in combination of FM for reporting purpose.

Now I am bringing two new things into system . a) Material consumption b) Labor consumption.

in both cases fund is deriving through Business area ( as per rules FMDERIVE)

a) material consumption

Fund is derived and posting are successful because. Material expanses account debited and inventory account credited. Both are G/L and Primary cost elements too

b) Labor consumption

Fund is derived and posting is not successful becuase system is not able to derive Adjustment account for secondary cost element

Any solution would be ok

i) no fund for business transaction : RKL

ii) assign adjustment account to Secondary cost element.

Please suggest me how can achieve any one those

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

As of now no entries in mentioned node , I put the new entry for RKL. But no effect

img-Public Sector Management-Funds Management Government-Actual and Commitment Update/Integration-Integration-Integration with Cost and Project Controlling-Choose Business Transactions for Integration

-

and just for information CO- FM Integration not activated for FM area at

IMG --> Public Sector Managment --> Funds Management government --> Actual and commitment update/Integration > Integration> Integration with cost and project controlling --> Activate integration costs and project controlling

apparao_yalam
Explorer
0 Kudos

Solved through Account determination configuration of CO - FI integration and Fund derivation " FMDERIVE"