Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Sales BOM explosion into MRP?

Dear experts,

i have a bit of a basic question, however due to problems with my SAP sanbox, I cannot test this myself.

I have a sales Bom for Finished good A, the components in the sales BOM are B and C

I have independent requirements in SAP for article A

When I run MRP, MRP will schedule purchase requisitions to match de independent requirements for article A

My question is, when running MRP (MD02), will MRP also calculate the dependent requirements and source stock for components B and C in order to meet the forecasted demand for article A?

Is there a particular setting that needs to be set up in order to make sure that all dependent requirements from the sales BOM are also exploded and sourced by MRP?

Your input is much appreciated!

Dear Hogewoning,

During MRP run,BOM explosion is one of the step that happens in the background.

So based on the requirements (Independent reqmts or sales order) for A,the system explodes the BOM of product A,In your

case it's a sales BOM which consists of components B and C with respective quantity.Assuming B and C are externally

procured materials,the system creates Purchase req/Planned order for the components B and C for the calculated quantity

during MRP run(based on the MRP control parameter set for create planned orders).

BOM selection ID is set in OPPQ and in turn it has priority defined and this is how the system picks the BOM for a particular

material during MRP run.

Now check and revert with your further queries.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question