cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP & DEPLOYMENT HEURISTICS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody

I am currently working on a solution where SNP Heuristics run with a Frozen horizon (SNP PRODUCTION & STR) of 8 weeks & the Deployment is done based on a Pull Deployment & Push Deployment Horizon of 180 days. Does it make sense that we are confirming the plan for 8 weeks & deploying accross 180 days?

Best Regards

Mukta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mukta,

If i understood correctly, you are working with

SNP production horizon - 8 weeks(56 days)

Deployment horizon - 180 days

if you set SNP production horizon - 8 weeks(56 days) , SNP planning book keyfigure -Production (Planned) will be in disable mode for this horizon it means SNP heuristic can not change or plan any inhouse orders within this horizon. and it will create planned order outside the horizon if there is any shortage. but if that material is externally procured you can generate purchase req even with in this period it means no impact on externally procured materials

We are running Deployment just to confirm SNP results. if you have enough supply it will confirm the result of SNP if not it will change according to supply.

Thanks

Thennarasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thennarasu

Thank you so much for explaining, that was very well done.However i would like to add couple of more points in the scenario:

If i also maintain a Stock transfer Horizon of 8 weeks in that case what will SNP Heuritics do.

Another question i have is....before we do the next SNP run we are deleting the unconfirmed orders outside the Frozen Horizon (which is 8 weeks= 56 days)...in that case does it make any sense that we deply for 180 days???

Best Regards

Mukta

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mukta,

SNP will consider either SNP stock transfer horizon or SNP production horizon based on procurement type. BOth are entirly different one is used for inhouse produced materials other one is used for externally procured material.

Based on that either Distribution Receipt (Planned) ( F material) or Production (Planned) (E,X material) kefigure will be marked with different colour( blocked for planning).....

Logically you should not use unconfirmed receipts for deployment only confirmed receipts ( confirmed planned order , PO..etc) need to be used.. but agian this depends on busines. These all controlled by ATD receipts , ATD supply & stock category group assignment on location master or product master.

ATD receipts : will deside which type of receipts category will be used for deployment\

ATD issues : will deside which type of demand category will be used for deployment

STOCK : will deside which type of stock category will be used for deployment

Regards

Thennaarsu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

One last thing i want to understand is I have a Frozen Horizon of 8 weeks also Pull Deployment & Push Deployment field is populated by 180 days....

Ideally we deploy only confirmed Quantties right...which are only in the Frozen horizon....Then does the above setting make sense if yes what might be the scenario?

Best Regards

Mukta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mukta,

Forzen horizon of 8 weeks .it may be SNP production horizon or SNP stock transfer horizon.

if its SNP stock transfer horizon-- SNP will create AG- PURCHASE REQ category after SNP stock transfer horizon. means first 8 weeks there wont be any AG category. so only you will have ATD receipts(AG) after this horizon. out of 180 days of push horizon, first 56 days you wont get any receipts. but you can deploy if you have other receipts like CC-stock .. etc.

If its SNP production horizon- SNP can not create any planned orders in this 56 days period. but this will not be included as ATD receipt. so inorder to get confirmed planned order you have to run PPDS heuristic. planned order of PPDS will be considered as confirmed one since its detailed planning....

So in both the cases you have some restriction in FROZEN period ......

Regardds

Thennarasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

My ATD Receipts also has Planned orders (which are not confirmed ) , in that case what is the significance of Deployment??? Cant i funtion without Deployment functionality??why do i have to use the Deployment functionality at all in the first place??

Best Regards

Mukta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukta,

SNP heuristic will create receipts to fullfill all the demands by considering some constraines like material availability , capacity avialbililty, Cost depends on SNP application ( SNP heuristics , CTM , SNP optimizer) .

But are you sure you will able to conert as stock for all the receipts which cteated by SNP . Not certainly because due to some unexpected situation you many not able to produce or procure on time ( power failure , machine fault, transfore accidents etc...).....

So once you get confirmation from vendor or manufacturing units you can able to say some extend..... this is called confirmed receipts.. ( purchase order , production order...etc) these all receipts clubbed in to ATD receipts and only these receipts will be used for deployement and other unplanned receipts will not be used........

so ultimatly , deployement is just confirming the SNP results. PULL rule will be used If you have more ATD receipts then demand. FAIIR SHARE rule will be used If you have less ATD receipts then demand.

keep it in mind SNP result is input to the deployement heuristics and deployment result is input to TLB heuristic. It up to you whether you are going to use all application or not.. eac one having some advantages...

Regards

Thennarasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case Deployment will happen for only those confirmed orders which are in the frozen Horizon...as per our business we r not confirming anything outside Frozen...

Best Regards

Mukta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mukta,

Yes, but Depends on procurement type.......

1) For inhouse produced masterial ( SNP production horizon)--> you will have confirmed orders only with in that period . SO deployment will happen only in that period.

2)For externally procured materials ( SNP stock transfer horizon) ---> SNP will create stock transfer orders only after this horizon. so you can deploy this after this horizon only.

Regards

Thennarasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your explanation was amazing...Thanks! a ton Thennarasu.

Best Regards

Mukta

Answers (0)