cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong payment term during invoice creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when i created sales order with one line item then it is creating two entries in VBKD table with POSNR = '0000' with payment term ZTERM = 'ZI15' and POSNR = '1000' with payment term ZTERM = 'Z223', but problem is that when going to create Invoice it is picking wrong payment terms Z223 while it shud be ZI15. can anyone please help me to know why it is creating 2 entries in VBKD and why it is taking wrong invoice during Invoice creation.

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will create two entries in VBKD table.

One is for Header and other one is for line item.

In the invoice,it is picking the payment term from item level.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanx for reply...but may i know why the payment terms is different for header and line item and also why it is not picking the payment terms of header during invoice creation?

Regards

Saurabh

former_member303858
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Please go through the below link, this will help you understand.

Let us know if you still have any issue.

SB

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
may i know why the payment terms is different

It could be due to some manual changes made in sale order at item level which is fetching to invoice also. Check in change log of that sale order.

Standard process is that when you create a sale order, header data would be copied to item level data also.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

paul_quinn
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Please review SAP note 38934 which may help to explain this issue.

If you do not have VBKD data for a particular line item, it is the same

as the header (vbkd-posnr = 000000). This is standard behaviour.

so if you have a vbkd line item, that simply means some part of the business data is different to the header

and that's why the line item for VBKD was created (in this case a different payment terms has been entered for the line item)

For the second part of the issue, please start at trx VTFA and check the copy control (especially at line item level).

kind regards

Paul Q