cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC --> PI --> SRM via proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have are working on SAP ECC via PI to SRM and SUS systems through proxies.

Now there is a requirement that we need to include some zfields to the existing std. structures of the proxies at SRM and in ECC. So could you please advice me how to go about it, as the std structure comes with all pre defined DT, MT, MM, OM etc (ie with all ESR objects). Now if I have do the customization to this struture by including the new fields in the source and target structures how do I do that.

These DT and MM has so many inter-related DT and functions (UDFs) respectively which I am not able to edit in the std SWCV, so should I copy all these into another SWCV and start working on it or is there any other way.

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if the nproxy has a badi associated what you need to do is create a new enhancement DT in the ESR, when you define this kind of DT, one of the configuration fields is to define the segment of the standard DT you want to Extend.

once you did that, goto SE80 in your sap system, search the DT enhancement proviuosly right button --> Create proxy

once created-->Activate

The system create and append structure in the standard structure

you need to know if the standard proxy has a BADI associated. if not you cannot extend it. (see SAP workplace and search for your service or by customazing SPRO Tcode)

then search for the BADI

take in mind that Badis has two sight

definition and implementation:

in Tcode SE18 you will see the definition (input output parameters, badi type, etc)

in Tcode SE19 you cann see all the implementation of the selected Badi

search in SDN about Enhancement Data Type and how to Extend standard proxys to more information.

Thanks

Rodrigo P-.

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on May 31, 2011 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitya,

As they are standard, you will not be able to edit them.

Copy the Namespace to other namespace with DT, MT, SI,MM,OM etc. ( in PI system)

Then, Edit DT on both source & target.

further, do the mapping for your custom fields. Nothing else will be affected by doing this.

Then, go to SPROXY in ECC & SRM & create proxies for them .

Again , this will be you new proxy for calling & recieving programs.

-santosh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can`t modify standard SAP objects. Your guess is correct, you must copy the SWCV into another one, and then modify the ojects accordingly.