cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe based on Query from Multiprovider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a BW Query based in a multiprovider, it has some mandatory variables like 0CALMONTH and it works very well there. But I've created a Universe based on this Query and when I try to use this universe in WEBI or Xcelsius I have some problems, variable baseed on 0CALMONTH shows strange and intelligible values like 09.0077, 06.0000, 05.0014 for the months.

I have other universes based on queries with mandatory variables and not based on Multicubes which works perfectly.

Does anyone know if there is any problem in creat Universe based on Query from a Multiprovider?

Thanks,

Wanderly

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a BW Query based in a multiprovider, it has some mandatory variables like 0CALMONTH and it works very well there. But I've created a Universe based on this Query and when I try to use this universe in WEBI or Xcelsius I have some problems, variable baseed on 0CALMONTH shows strange and intelligible values like 09.0077, 06.0000, 05.0014 for the months.

I have other universes based on queries with mandatory variables and not based on Multicubes which works perfectly.

Does anyone know if there is any problem in creat Universe based on Query from a Multiprovider?

Thanks,

Wanderly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP BI, Multiprovider, is a Logical join of tables you can treat it this way a union of two tables, it never stores any data.

The reason you are seeing those wierd values, is because of master data of the Infoobject 0CALMONTH.

I must say, to solve this , put some key figures(Measure in your report), then it will bring the actual data .

This is a known behavior with Queries based out of multiprovider, for which I guess SAP has no solution, the workaround is put some measures in report, let the Query acutually read the base table(Infoproviders) and then it will bring exact values in tables.

Hope it helps.

Deepak

Answers (0)