cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Access Level as Edit Objects granted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am currently working on implementing and testing XI3.1 Security. While testing, I have noticed that the Schedule Access Level has General --> Edit Objects as explicitly granted and this should not be the case. Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks

NT

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using BOE XI3.1 SP3. No Fix Packs.

The actual Edit Objects option is explicitly granted as Edit Objects that user owns. Interestingly, in our Test Environment this option is set to Not Specified. The only difference is that we do not have LCM or Metadata Management installed in the Test Environment. Would any of these applications change the Schedule Access Level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the earlier poster mentioned, the only relevant right name I see is 'Edit objects that the user own'. Is this the right you mean?This right is explicitly granted. We're however on SP1 (so there's no LCM).

Best,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the earlier poster mentioned, the only relevant right name I see is 'Edit objects that the user own'. Is this the right you mean?This right is explicitly granted. We're however on SP1 (so there's no LCM).

>

> Best,

>

> Srinivas

No, its definetely General --> Edit Objects that is Explicitly Granted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Installing LCM or MM doesnt matter, for Schedule access level 'Edit Objects' should not be enabled by default.

Something is wrong, b'cos 'Edit Objects' is enabled only for Full Control not for other access levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have logged a SAP Support ticket for this. This is very odd as in our Test Environment this is option is Not Specified for Schedule Access level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe it is 'Edit Objects that the user owns', this will allow them to edit only the objects that was created by the user (owner), they wont be able to edit reports created by other users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What SP/FP are you on?