Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM: Release tasks

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello colleagues!

During my investigations I've found interesting situation.

Via actions from SDHF profile I created request in DEV system, and I can only release request, but not tasks in this request. There is the action "RELEASE_REQUEST" with ACTION_ID=RELEASE_REQU. Do you know is there something RELEASE_TASK action id like RELEASE_REQUE action id. If there is no similar actions id, please advise me any solution to release tasks remotely from ChaRM client.

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you can not release tasks from ChaRM.

Lets say you have 10 developers working on one transport request. Each developer has its own task in this transport request.

A developer confirms that his development is finished by releasing his task manually in the satellite system.

Only if all developers have finished their work (all tasks are release), the transport can be released.

If you would allow to release all tasks from ChaRM, you could be releasing developments which are not finished.

Hope this helps,

Christoph

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

Thank you for answer. You've got a point there, but I'm still bewildered.

I see in saphelp this information about permissions:

This user is required for communication between the SAP Solution Manager system landscape (transaction SMSY) and all systems that have the role type source system (SOLTMW<cm-sid><cm-client> with profiles S_TMW_CREATE and S_TMW_IMPORT). The most important task of the background user is to create and release transport requests and tasks remotely from Change Request Management.

Whence I can make a conclusion that releasing tasks is possible

Is there any mechanism for identification owners of the tasks to release tasks remotely? I don't mean Z, but standard customizing.

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Artem,

i think this is statement is just wrong.

"Create and release transport requests and create tasks" would have been the correct statement, maybe they just wrote it wrong.

I can assure you that there is no customizing option to release tasks from Solution Manager with the SAP standard.

Regards,

Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, double post

Edited by: Christoph Kronauer on Jun 1, 2011 2:05 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Christoph for answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Artem,

Im not sure, but i think that there is a Action called RELEASE_ALL to release both. Maybe it could help you.

kind regards,

Fabricius

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you Fabricius for fast answer!

Do you mean Action ID in action, or just an Action with another container and attribute?

Could you tell me please in which action profile I can find this Action (action ID)?

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin