cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to generate a dynamic report using crystal reports 2008 but failing to do so. Can anybody guide me are there any steps that I need to follow in order to generate a dynamic report.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ido and Don, I will try to use the third party tools and see if it works.

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can also have your users just run the reports On Demand from crystal reports server.

this means that everytime that they opened the report, the report would hit the database for any new records. however, if the user has the report opened, the data remains static unless the user refreshes the report.

if you want to have a report refresh while it is open in the crystal reports server viewer, you could use the autorefresh function that is in the webelements function library [here|]. that autorefresh is based on a specific amount of time and not based on whether data changes.

jamie

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

You need to explain what you mean by Dynamic? There are lots of dynamic parts to crystal reports. The Data itself is Dynamic for example.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

By dynamic I meant, every time I update the database I want to see a new report. Basically the Refresh functionality of crystal reports. I researched a little and I think I need to buy a crystal reports server so the crystal reports viewer can get the refresh functionality, right?

ido_millet
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The free Crystal 2008 viewer doesn't provide data refresh functionality. There are several free/inexpensive 3rd-party viewers that provide refresh functionality. See list at http://kenhamady.com/bookmarks.html

0 Kudos

Ah, that you for clarifying.

Yes, either Ido's suggestion or contact sales here for CR Server, it's a single PC deployment and will allow you to schedule reports and enable your users to preview them and/or hit the Refresh button to update the data in the report.

Or if they have access to the data source they can install Crystal Reports and simply send them the Report, they can open it and hit the refresh button after logging onto the database.

Thank you

Don