cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while settling internal order KO88 / KO8G)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

We are in ECC5.0

I have an expense G/L account. Cost center and Business Area are mandatory to post in to this G/L account.

I posted some transactions to this G/L account with Business Area, Cost center and Internal order values in the document. When I try to settle this internal order to AUC, I am getting error 'Cost center is mandatory for G/L account xxxxxx'.

I am not sure, why it is not picking the cost center and Business Area from the original document. Please could any one advice me?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We decided to use new orders for AUC and we modified the fields in order as 'Business Area' as mandatory. From now onwards, it will take business area from order and FSG for GL is changed as only BA is mandatory (previosly, CC is mandatory, so, we removed it).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divraj,

It is real and it is not hittiing Cost center.

So, there is no problem with Cost center. Now problem is with Business Area.

I need the business area to be pulled from the original line item. Any idea about this?

Thanks in advance.

former_member588855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If its real then the GL field status group having cost center as mandatory at the same time having internal order(AUC) seems to be incorrect.

Regards,

Divraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Waman and Ajay,

Thanks for your information.

Sorry to ask a basic question:

while we run the settlement, will G/L entry have a cost center in the document?

If I have a debit line in expense G/L with cost center cc1 and order or1, when I settle this order, it will post a credit entry. But I am not sure if this credit entry will have cost center in that line?

If yes, how will be the entry for multiple debit lines with multiple costcenters? Because, when we settle the G/L, it will post only one line item as credit for the total amount.

Please could you help me in understanding?

Thanks,

former_member588855
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The internal order is statistical or real.

You are trying to settle to AUC. I dont think it will hit cost center in that case.

Regards,

Divraj

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your customizing in tcode ACSET.

Read notes 50937 and 684659. Might be helpful

regards

Waman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Thanks for your reply.

This G/L account is going to use by all other postings, we can't make the cost center as optional. There is a chance to post normal expenses also without cost center.

Business don't want to post any direct FI postings without cost center and Business Area.

Please advice me.

Thanks.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thats a wrong approach and you will face probleme because of that

If GL is created as a cost element - It cant be posted w/o a CO OBject.,.. So no point in making cost center mandatory...

2nd, Bus Area will derive from Cost center master or CO object that you post

Making it mandatory at FSG level is not going to help you... I am telling this from my own experience

br, Ajay M

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It wont pick up that way

you need to adjust your Field Status Grup in OBC4... Make cost center as optional

br, Ajay M