cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIGO:How to post GR with Location induced from PO (Project Stock)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to post GR with Location induced from PO (Project Stock).

But SAP doesn't allow this induction.

Please show me how to resolve it.

thanx.

Torao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitbakshi3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PS if the account assignment is "P", then the material is treated for directed consumption to the Project or WBSe.

If you want to track the Project Stock based upon of Storage Location (Here, the Storage Location is used as Project Stock location) then, please select Account Category as "Q".

Create a PO using Account assignment Category Q will give you Tracking of Quantity based upon Project WBS and Storage Location. At the time of GR the Stock will be shown under Project WBS. (Physically maintained at Storage Location used)

e. g. : Create PO using Acct Assignment Q , give WBS and save.

MIGO : GR will be done 101 Q (Project Stock)

Quantities are shown : Mat # 100XXXXX Qty : 100 Storage Location : XXX Project Stock : 100 ( WBS )

Special Stock : Q

GI : 221 Q using the Project Stock for Consumption.

The Project Stock can be tracked using T-Code MBBS.

Hope it helps,

Best regards

Amit Bakshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please elaborate the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick reply.

(1) Post PO transaction as a Project Stock (Account setting category = P).

(2) Post GR transaction by MIGO, assigning the PO document posted by (1).

(3) Then, "Location" code of GR document is not derived from PO document, but there is requirement to induce "Location" from PO.

Please show me if you have the idea to fulfill the requirement. (e.g. BADI, Exit...)

Best regards,

Torao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you specify what the 'location' code is? Are you referring to the storage location in the PO?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, 'Location' code means Strage Location.(EKPO-LGORT).

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically, procured inventory of an account assigned PO is consumed directly by the account assignment. It does not get into inventory during receipt (no stock overview of this inventory since it is directly consumed by the account assignment). Due to this, the storage location during receipt does not appear. I do not reckon if there is a BADI or exit to influence this standard SAP behavior.

Should you still have a requirement to track inventory after the receipt then you have to use a non-valuated material (such as UNBW) so that the inventory comes into the system (can be viewed via stock overview) for such account assign PO's.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your information.

We still have the requirement from our client.

Regards,

Torao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

After that, I tried to search Exit/BADI, to substitute Storage Location into GR document.

And I've found Exit:MBCF0009(EXIT_SAPMM07M_009), and BADI:MB_DOCUMENT_BADI, but it didn't work.

Well, anyone come up with another way to substitute Storage Location into GR document ?

Regards,

Torao.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With account assignment 'P', this is not possible. The reason why you are unable to achieve with exit and BADI would be because of this standard behavior. Unless you make modification to the standard program I do not believe you can achieve this. Since making modification is typically a big no-no you should see alternate option as suggested in the above forum or use a non-valuated material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

I understood your information, and it was a great help.

I'll consider other ways.

Regards,

Torao.