Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM item

former_member383560
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

we recently perform the upgrade from 4.7 to Ecc 6, when we raise a invoice for a sales order having a BOM material, we encounter the error" Enter the usage of the material & in item 000001"

Kindly share your findings about the error and related settings.

Regards

baalakrushnan.da

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in sales order for item 00001

At item level >>> sales A tab enter usage

Kapil

former_member383560
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

Thanks for the right answer , issue resolved, if i need to use that field VBAP-VKAUS, what all the settings i need to perform, would you please share some more about that fied.

Regards

baalakrushnan.da

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is general sales data

The usage field mean for what purpose you want to use this material

Like - sample, on rent, replacement, final consumer etc. depend on requirements even this field you can use in price determination also, if prices are depends on usage

Example - material XYZ is sold to customer 12345

but some time I can give it on rent also, In this two scenario my price is different on basis of usage(sold and rent) and i want to determine on basis of usage

So I will create table with combination of say SALES ORGZ + USAGE and assign in access sequence and then i will maintain condition record.

So when I will select usage at time of order processing system will bring price on basis of usage

Note : Above is just one illustration for your understanding,

Yo can define usage in IMG >> SD >> SALES >> SALES DOCUMENT >> SALES DOCUMENT HEADER >> DEFINE USAGE INDICATORS

Kapil

former_member383560
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kapil,

very informative and useful,

here with i close the thread

Thank you

Regards

baalakrushnan.da

Answers (0)