cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of the properties for prompts in deski cfr webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anyone knows if it is possible to define when using a prompt that this prompt has to use the list of values or not. this is possible in webi but I don't know if it is also possible in deski.

ps: We are running BO XI Edge 3.0

thanks in advance for your feedback

Thierry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If prompt is defined at universe level with using following parameter then you can use only LOV's for that object.

i.E =@PROMPT('PROMPT MESS','DATATYPE','CLASSNAME/OBJNAME','MONO/MULTI','CONSTRAINED') then this prompt allows user to select obj lov's.

But if you want to create a prompt at report level then you need to create a obj (obj values should be lovs i.e select distinct ***** from ******) and use it in prompt definition.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In Deski, when you are defining a Prompt in Conditions pane, we select "Type a new prompt" from Operands List.

When the query is run, a pop-up appears to provide a value for the prompt. There is a button "Values" when clicked, it wil show the list of values that object hold. Without selecting the value, you can type a constant and tun the query.

So, Unlike WEBI, Deski doesn't have an option to specify to select only from List of Values.

Regards,

Vamsee